Premed 101 Forums

Away Electives Confirmation

You have to be patient here :)  Since you are applying for electives outside home school, all other faculties tend to place their own students first before processing other medical clerks' applications. Usually you should hear back from the faculties 2-3 months before your elective date . Good luck :P

How ****ing long does it take to "Process Elective Request".... this AFMC student portal is RIDICULOUS.

You have to be patient here :)  Since you are applying for electives outside home school, all other faculties tend to place their own students first before processing other medical clerks' applications. Usually you should hear back from the faculties 2-3 months before your elective date . Good luck :P

Wow, only 2-3 months before... that's stressful.. because if the electives are declined I can't run off and apply to others :(

Actually you could apply to more than 1 school for a desired elective time through AFMC portal.

If your prefered school replies to you later than your plan B, you could always refuse plan B elective and accept desired elective. 

Some faculties reply faster and some faculties reply 2-3 months before. I am in the boat as you are, fingers crossed! :)

Wow, only 2-3 months before... that's stressful.. because if the electives are declined I can't run off and apply to others :(

I should have started earlier, but now some schools have changed the earliest time of application to 7 months :P

I applied in August and heard back from all 3 schools (through the portal) in less than 2 weeks.  People who are applying now are waiting much longer. 

As I understand this isn't a portal thing, it's pretty standard. 

Archived