Premed 101 Forums

So I Created A Youtube Channel

Egg_McMuffin

Shameless self-promoter here. My vision is to create a YouTube channel that uses evidence-based information to answer commonly asked nutrition-related questions, using 2-3 minute long animated videos. Just uploaded my first video last night, and would really appreciate it if you guys can check it out. I would also love any suggestions you may have. :)

I'm obviously no pro at this so please be gentle.

Here's my video!

Shameless self-promoter here. My vision is to create a YouTube channel that uses evidence-based information to answer commonly asked nutrition-related questions, using 2-3 minute long animated videos. Just uploaded my first video last night, and would really appreciate it if you guys can check it out. I would also love any suggestions you may have. :)

I'm obviously no pro at this so please be gentle.

Here's my video!

I think it's awesome!  :D

I think you did a good job too! Did you draw all the stuff? That was a cool way to add visual interest.

Make sure to update here if you post more videos :-) So far they're really interesting! Also, can I just say on a side note that your username/userpic and the fact that you do nutrition videos gave me a great giggle? I love it. :-D

I think you did a good job too! Did you draw all the stuff? That was a cool way to add visual interest.

Make sure to update here if you post more videos :-) So far they're really interesting! Also, can I just say on a side note that your username/userpic and the fact that you do nutrition videos gave me a great giggle? I love it. :-D

Thank you! :) Haha I wish. I actually used an animation software. When I was looking around on YouTube I found lots of dietitians/nutritionists on there addressing food and nutrition-related issues, but they were just standing in front of the camera talking, so I thought this would be a fun way to communicate the information.

And I love all food. =D From McDonalds to apples and broccoli

I think this is really cool. Personal question for you: are the stalks of broccoli nutritious? Someone told me they were, and I've been throwing them out for years

Great question! Answer: Both the crown and stalk are nutritious! The way I think of it is both the crown and stalk are green so there's a good chance both are good for you :D (and so are produce of other colors--white, orange, red, yellow, blue, purple--you should have it all). In general if it's adding some natural colour onto my plate I'm having it

Source: https://www.eatrightontario.ca/en/Articles/Cooking-Food-Preparation/All-about-broccoli.aspx

Edit:I should also add that you should eat the stalk not only for nutrition but also to reduce food waste. Huge problem in our society along with food insecurity.

• 5 weeks later...

Archived