Premed 101 Forums

Strange Behaviour

Guest RealBeef

Guest RealBeef

I wonder how it would be viewed if I showed up Tuesday Morning on the 29th of June as soon as the office opened and told them not to bother sending off my letter just to print it off and pass it to me, as first it would save them on cost of the envelope and the cost of a stamp. I would even be fine if they printed it on low quality paper and at a lower print quality to further save them office costs. This would no doubt be weird behaviour or at least desperate behaviour ... at the same time though I would not have to wait until Wednesday or Friday for the god awful letter (Thursday is a cruel holiday).

Given the date, the 22nd, some of the remaining people must have heard something ... yes? anyone?

Beef out.

Guest CaesarCornelius

Hey beef,

I feel your pain. I heard on the very last possible day (excluding waitlist).. I was lucky, fortunately.

Your letter will arrive soon, so there is no need to hastle the admissions office for your letter. :) As tempting and logical as it may seem.

Hope to see you september*.

CC

*As a true medical student of course...:) From your post I can imagine that you might just show up and start taking notes. Wouldn't that be cool if they thought they messed up and then to cover their mistake they just "fixed" everything so that you were actually a med student..:) heheh..

Beef,

I'm right there with you in the forgotten applicant's pile, or "deferred" as it is politically correctly called, but i'm wondering, you're talking about next week, i thought that the deferred pile was looked at this week?

nby

Guest RealBeef

According to CC who has dialouged with Dr. Dan, the deferred pile is to be reviewed on the 28th ... this past Monday was the last review session of NEW applications. So we'll haveto wait until next week unless we were in fact reviewed this past monday, only to find something in the mail TODAY ... only the mail man can answer that. Good luck.

Beef

Guest CaesarCornelius

Hey guys,

the long wait is almost over! Now is the time to stalk your mail carrier.. :)

My first post as a med II..:) heheh.

Mimicat do you still lurk here? Any news on this round of applications?

CC

Guest Mimicat65

Hey CC,

Yes, I am still here, but I think I've moved on from Dal in my mind at least. I am currently away on vacation with my kids so not checking the boards or my mail much. I've also applied for a permanent job this week. Still hoping to get some love from Dal in the next two weeks, but not counting on it somehow >: . Good luck to everyone still waiting.

Mimi:\

Archived