Premed 101 Forums

Course Choice Help

NeuroPreMed

You're going to not like this probably....but take whatever personally makes you interested. There's nothing worse than being 3 months into a course, hating every second of every lecture, and hating every second of studying it because you just. couldn't. care. less. 

It makes 2 hours of review feel like 6. 

So take anat if you think it looks cool. But don't if you think it's boring. It doesn't mean you won't be a good doctor, or like med school....you get the picture. Same goes for earth science, if you're only doing it cause it's easy...welll it's not that hard to find a course you might even like and can easily still get a 90 in

Yeah haha, I figured someone would come up with that answer. Anatomy is interesting, and I think it would just make anatomy in med (assuming I get there) slightly easier. I don't think the Earth science course is boring, I just find the body more fascinating than the environment (though, environmental ignorance has posed quite the predicament for humanity). Thank you for chiming in though, it's greatly appreciated :)

Yeah haha, I figured someone would come up with that answer. Anatomy is interesting, and I think it would just make anatomy in med (assuming I get there) slightly easier. I don't think the Earth science course is boring, I just find the body more fascinating than the environment (though, environmental ignorance has posed quite the predicament for humanity). Thank you for chiming in though, it's greatly appreciated :)

And looks like you've answered your own question

• 2 weeks later...

If your goal is getting into medical school, you should choose courses based on how to achieve the best GPA possible. See our most recent blog post at http://mdconsultants.ca/does-gpa-matter-when-applying-to-med-school/

It doesn't matter if the course makes your medical school learning easier. Almost everyone will get through medical school no problem, as long as your put in the time and effort. People somehow are always able to adapt to the environment where strong work ethic is rewarded by success.

Archived