Premed 101 Forums

OOP Requirements Q

Guest Chris0000009

Guest Chris0000009

From previous posts I've read that to apply to Dal as an OOP applicant a 3.7 GPA and an MCAT score of 30 or above to get an interview. Is this GPA based on all previous years, or your best year, or some other weighted average? Also, does anyone know how to convert an OMSAS GPA (out of 4) to Dal's GPA system (which is out of 4.3). I would assume that after the conversion one's GPA would actually be higher under Dal's system, but can anyone help me with this? Thanks,

Chris

Guest CaesarCornelius

Hey

I can help you with the GPA conversion, as to which years you must calculate Im not sure. But I think it is based on all years.

On the 4.3 system an A+ = 4.3 and an A=4.0

I think the rest is the same A- = 3.7 B+ = 3.3

CC

Guest Chris0000009

CC,

Thanks for the reply and congrats on your acceptance this year. I might be able to find the answer in the OMSAS conversion table, but do you know what is classified as an A+ compared to just an A or an A-? Is 80% an A or A-? What about an 85? Thanks again for your help,

Chris

Guest cassica

Hi Chris, on a 4.3 system an A is 85% - 89.99% and an A- is from 80% - 84.99%. Hope that helps and good luck with the app.

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there guys,

I too, am interested in Dal's requirements. Wasn't it the case that they used to require that you had to secure a 10 in the VR section of the MCAT, with a total of 30 (for out of province applicants)?

Has anyone heard any rumblings as to whether this or the other academic requirements may change this year?

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Archived