Premed 101 Forums

Côte De Rendement Universitaire - Cru

Salut,

J'ai une question par rapport à la CRU. Est-ce que les universités attribuent des côtes différentes pour le même programme  complété dans une autre université?  Par exemple, quelqu'un qui applique à l'UdeS avec un bac en droit complété avec un GPA de 3.7 à l'UdeS aura-t-il la même côte qu'une autre personne qui applique avec un bac en droit complété avec un GPA de 3.7 à l'UdeM?

Merci

I believe they are different.  :confused:

Why would it be different? Is it based on the reputation of the program at a specific university you graduated from? For example, if you went to UQAM you automatically get a lower CRU? 

Some programs at certain universities have a higher minimum R-score cut-off than other universities. For example, in commerce, at UdeS the cut-off was 23.5 R-score, while at Concordia or UdeM, it's 26.5 and even higher at McGill. Does this mean you get a higher CRU since the strength of the program is based on the minimum cut off R-score for that specific program?

The calculation is based on the program at the university where you apply. Therefore, x program woll give you the same R score at y university for any z university you may come from. On the other hand, x program from y university will give you a different R score for any z university whete you may apply.

The calculation is based on the program at the university where you apply. Therefore, x program woll give you the same R score at y university for any z university you may come from. On the other hand, x program from y university will give you a different R score for any z university whete you may apply.

This is what I thought too because it makes the most sense. I don't know why I keep seeing on this forum that it's not the case :( How can they assign different scores depending on which university you attended since they only have access to stats for their own programs?

Archived