Premed 101 Forums

2016 Waitlist Support Thread

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you for sharing your admissions decisions with the rest of us. Trust me when I say that this helps relieve some anxiety of being on the waitlist :D

I have a couple of acquaintances that are declining offers in order to attend other programs and I really hope you all get good news very soon.

In the meantime, overuse of alcohol to deal with stress can be a truly slippery slope. I don't want to be "that guy", but the statement made about increased rate of alcohol consumption as a result of reading these forums and the stress of admissions has me concerned--maybe I'm just being a dork. Anyway, no judgment; feel free to PM me if you're not just joking/enjoying yourself and are struggling.

I have a couple of acquaintances that are declining offers in order to attend other programs and I really hope you all get good news very soon.

In the meantime, overuse of alcohol to deal with stress can be a truly slippery slope. I don't want to be "that guy", but the statement made about increased rate of alcohol consumption as a result of reading these forums and the stress of admissions has me concerned--maybe I'm just being a dork. Anyway, no judgment; feel free to PM me if you're not just joking/enjoying yourself and are struggling.

Indeed. Thanks for this message.

To be honest, this wait isn't nearly as anxiety-inducing for me as the initial e-mails were. 

Archived