Premed 101 Forums

Quebec Med/dent Rbc Loc

I recently finalized an LOC with RBC, and wanted to say I highly recommend going with them. RBC in Quebec has a VIP banking account available for med/dent students (comparable to other banks but comes with some great perks).

Something to keep in mind: many institutions have similar, if not identical, plans/accounts for med/dent students, so it is the individual banker whom you will be managing your LOC with that matters. So for me, what made RBC stand apart was the representative I spoke with. I had a great experience with ioan Jurjan from the Peel and Sherbrooke branch, he's highly knowledgeable, has/does manage countless med/dent LOCs, and answers questions promptly. He definitely made the difference in me choosing RBC. 

Feel free to PM me with any questions! :) 

They're all the same if you have a Canadian acceptance and decent credit score you'll get your money

This is why the rep matters a lot, since they are your connection to the bank. Their availability and expertise with the med/dent LOC plan (and knowledge of realities of being a student) makes the difference. 

This is why the rep matters a lot, since they are your connection to the bank. Their availability and expertise with the med/dent LOC plan (and knowledge of realities of being a student) makes the difference. 

Dude it's all the same, "having knowledge of realities of being a student" doesn't mean anything 

I got the VIP fees waived (which includes the Avion fee) for the first year.

Meh... That's somewhat disappointing. Scotia gives you both the Gold Amex and the Gold Visa for free for 4 years. I'll try my luck and hope that CIBC will give me the Aventura Visa Infinite which is also 120$/year.

Only problem with Scotia is they only give you 50k/year. Normally, that would be more than enough but I need to furnish an appartment, buy a car, etc. so I'll be getting way too close for comfort.

Dude it's all the same, "having knowledge of realities of being a student" doesn't mean anything 

It isn't. Some reps are idiots. One of them was about to give me my PT line of credit as a personal loan before I pointed out their mistake and was convinced that I'd need a co-signer.

Est-ce que ça revient au même grossomodo pour toutes les banques? Certaines sont a éviter? Caisse Desjardins?

Merci !

Apparemment BMO a un service de ... alors que Scotia offre 2 cartes de crédit incluant une AmEx vraiment intéressante. Le problème, c'est que beaucoup de magasins n'acceptent pas AmEx. Dans les autres cas, c'est une question de négocier pour essayer d'avoir des avantages comme des meilleures cartes de crédit (programmes de points), etc. Pour les montants et les taux d'intérêts, c'est du pareil au même (même si certaines banques, comme Scotia, ont une limite annuelle).

Est-ce que ça revient au même grossomodo pour toutes les banques? Certaines sont a éviter? Caisse Desjardins?

Merci !

Entrez même pas dans une Caisse Desjardins pour discuter d'une marge de crédit. C'est le pire choix possible.

Pas seulement pour les difficultés supplémentaires qu'ils imposent mais à la fin ta marge de crédit est comvertie en prêt avec un taux d'intérêt supérieur à celui des autres banques comme RBC, Scotia, BNC etc.

• 2 weeks later...

Guys j'ai besoins de conseil par rapport à la marge de crédit!

RBC et BNC m'offrent un taux d'interêt de 2.7% donc je ne vois pas y'a quoi de plus à dealer. Je suis pas expert dans le domaine, des conseils? quelque chose de plus spécifique à demander lors de ma prochaine rencontre avec la banque?

merci!

Archived