Premed 101 Forums

Ot Shadowing Opportunities In Dartmouth/halifax Area

Hi Guys, 

Just wondering if anyone has had any luck finding an OT to shadow in the Dartmouth/Halifax NS area? I want to get some more exposure to the field before I apply to school this fall. 

Hi Crystal93,

Thank for the reply. I haven't had any luck finding anyone in the area. Most places say that they only allow students in an actual OT program observe. I am originally from the states where its fairly easy to find an OT to shadow. So I'm not really sure where to look here. I have tried the IWK and a couple of other places.  :mellow:  But I will try the in-person approach! Thanks for the suggestion. 

No problem :) You could also try the provincial order of occupational therapists' website; I know in my province they have a directory of OTs. If they're more strict it's possible that going in-person could sway them. I went to a hospital with my CV, and I was able to talk to the head therapist and explain how I really wanted to see how they worked in a hospital setting. I ended up volunteering at the hospital, so it helped them out as well.

Archived