Premed 101 Forums

Physiotherapy Application?

Hello,

I am a student who is applying for physiotherapy again this coming year.

My GPA is fine, but I realized how much I lacked on relevant experiences.

If those who got into physiotherapy schools can share what they did to get into physiotherapy schools, it would really help me a lot.

I am sure there are many students like me who are desperate and seeking for help.

Thank you

what experiences do you have currently? Honestly, I know people that barley had any experience and got into schools. Queens only puts a lot of emphasis on experience. If you really want to do physical therapy look into completing it abroad maybe. Know a bunch of people who have completed it in Australia and States and they really enjoyed the experience.

All the best. 

Read the PT/OT/Accepted/Rejected threads - lots of people post their experiences there. Having experience definitely helps - all the students I've met in my program have a ton of things on their CV. Not only Queen's puts a lot of emphasis on experience.

I would apply a few times in Canada before looking abroad, particularly if you want to work in Canada and save a lot of money.

what experiences do you have currently? Honestly, I know people that barley had any experience and got into schools. Queens only puts a lot of emphasis on experience. If you really want to do physical therapy look into completing it abroad maybe. Know a bunch of people who have completed it in Australia and States and they really enjoyed the experience.

All the best. 

Read the PT/OT/Accepted/Rejected threads - lots of people post their experiences there. Having experience definitely helps - all the students I've met in my program have a ton of things on their CV. Not only Queen's puts a lot of emphasis on experience.

I would apply a few times in Canada before looking abroad, particularly if you want to work in Canada and save a lot of money.

I appreciate your comments. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

I had over 500 total volunteer hours within different physiotherapy settings (hospital, outpatient, retirement home), some volunteer hours in community settling unrelated to physio, 2 years research experience in my undergrad and I still did not get into Queens. My GPA was competitive and my essay was prime (had physios and professors review it). I thought I would get into Queens no problem but got straight up rejected  :lol:. However, I got into Western. Queens is just weird on how they accept students. 

Have a friend who got into Mac and he didn't have much volunteer experience. 

You defiantly need some volunteer work but even if you have a ton doesn't guarantee you a position. 

Focus on your grades, get good references, get some experience, nail some of the interviews and you should be fine

Archived