Premed 101 Forums

Hi all,

I was just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on or experiences with studying occupational therapy abroad? I would love to work in another country, preferably the UK, early on in my career before I come back and settle in Canada. However, I'm not sure how my degree would transfer over, and even if it's a good idea to study something like OT abroad...quite frankly I don't know where to start looking for that information! Hence why I'm here  :)

Any help is appreciated!

• 2 weeks later...

hi,

i got accepted into masters of OT abroad in Sydney and im starting in march. 

i researched into the transfer over and it seems quite tedious to get registered in ontario. you have to be approved of your education equivalency and then you can take the exam before you can register. so like a 2 step process. this is applicable to ANYONE studying abroad.

hi,

i got accepted into masters of OT abroad in Sydney and im starting in march. 

i researched into the transfer over and it seems quite tedious to get registered in ontario. you have to be approved of your education equivalency and then you can take the exam before you can register. so like a 2 step process. this is applicable to ANYONE studying abroad.

Thanks for your response!   :) May I ask what made you decide to study outside of Canada? It is something that I am considering doing, but no one else I know is interested in pursuing an MScOT specifically abroad--most other people are moving for med school or PT.

Archived