Premed 101 Forums

Increase in class size

Guest Scouttie

Guest Scouttie

Has anyone heard about the government's proposal to increase the class size at the U of M from 85 to 100? If anyone has could they post some info. thanks

Guest brandonite

I don't really have any details, except that there are 90 people in our class, so I'm not really sure where this 85 number comes from. I have heard it in the media a few times now. But I think it's fairly self explanatory - they will accept 15 more people into the class of 2008, for a total class size of 100 or 105. How they will fit another 15 people in Theatre B is something I'm a bit curious about... I hope they increase residency spots to match, or else you guys will have an interesting time for the match, but I guess I'm getting a bit ahead of myself. ;)

Guest ManitobaMed

Well, there *is* the ENTIRE front row always sitting vacant, just waiting to be filled by keenerific little med 1 students who haven't yet realized that the accoustics are better at the back of the room...

Guest MiniMedGirl

acoustics!!!.please!!!..we all know where the snores are coming from during those ENT lectures...that's right folks the BACK of the class...where people ause themselves by kicking the people in front of them like little 3rd graders. :P

Another rumour is that they are increasing the class size THIS year (it's an provincial election year...not like that had ANYTHING to do with it) so at the very least there will be 90 to a max of 100 spots for the class of 2007.

Archived