Premed 101 Forums

Course Selection At Uwaterloo

JKT

Hi guys, 

I am a second year health studies student at the University of Waterloo. For my fall term I am taking three health courses (HLTH 201, HLTH 202, HLTH 204) and KIN 217, which are required. I took MATH 127 (calculus 1 for the sciences) as my elective. Although I consider myself to be good at math, do you think this is a good choice for an elective. I am not able to take CHEM 123, a prerequisite for organic chemistry 1 in the fall term because it is only offered online. Are there any other courses that you would recommend I take?

Thanks 

Math 127 is an easy course, review of grade 12 calculus. I hear kin students have a math course that is even easier than math 127. Phys 111 is also just a review of grade 12 physics, it's the same difficulty as math 127 in my opinion. 

I think that there are some great elective options in Psych and English. psych and soc 101 are great for helping get the background needed for the MCAT psych section, and ENGL 101B is a fantastic course which I credit a lot with helping me in the CARS section of the MCAT as it really focuses on getting into popular culture, and how arguments are made, as well as techniques people use to present media and the way that shapes the message. Psych 261 is also interesting and relatively easy

• 2 months later...

Hey guys,

So currently I've taken PSYCH 253 (Social Psychology) as my elective for the fall term, but I'm debating if I should take a bio course instead. I'm looking at BIO 110 (Introductory Zoology). I've also considered BIO 150 (Organismal and Evolutionary Ecology). I'm particularly interested in zoology, but I'm unsure if I should take it because it requires a lot of memorization and I've heard the lab component is hard. I have BIO 239 (Genetics) and BIO 273 (Introductory Physiology) in the winter term so I'm wondering if should just not take a bio elective this term? Let me know what you guys think! :) 

Thnx 

Archived