Premed 101 Forums

UofT wGPA Question

So I completed 4.5 credits (4 courses first semester and 5 courses second semester) in my first year of university. I will be graduating with a full course load in every other semester of every year however. Does my having dropped one course in the first semester of first year disqualify me from the wGPA formula for all years or just in my first year (i.e., do I get my lowest 3.0 FCE's dropped from years 2,3,4 or do I get nothing?). I will be taking 6 FCE's in first semester next year to make up for the one course I dropped during first year, so I will still graduate with the full 20 credits in 4 years. I had a 4.0 GPA first year, so I don't need any FCE's dropped from it, but it would really suck if I'm disqualified from getting FCE's dropped in other years :/

Even if you are disqualified from weighting it doesn't mean you can't get an interview/acceptance. I dropped a course in second year (and I didn't have a 4.0 in any academic year). And I got two interviews at UofT the two years that I applied and got accepted this year. So don't worry too much, if you have good grades you have a shot just make sure you spend a lot of time on the other aspects of your applications!

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/8/2017 at 10:57 AM, bluebird said:

Even if you are disqualified from weighting it doesn't mean you can't get an interview/acceptance. I dropped a course in second year (and I didn't have a 4.0 in any academic year). And I got two interviews at UofT the two years that I applied and got accepted this year. So don't worry too much, if you have good grades you have a shot just make sure you spend a lot of time on the other aspects of your applications!

What was your GPA, if you don't mind me asking?

Archived