Premed 101 Forums

Feeling like an idiot.

ednamode94

3 hours ago, ednamode94 said:

Hey, 

Any help on how to do well in Bio section of MCAT? I have taken, and done well, in bio courses but online Princeton Review passages are killing me. It isn't clicking. Can anyone share their tips on bio passages?

Thanks. 

Have you looked at the explanations to see why you are getting the questions incorrect? Is there any pattern?? Try to identify your weaknesses. For me when I first started it was missing tiny details that I read over in the passage to often or not slowing down to read the actual question stems.

49 minutes ago, EdnaMode said:

Thanks all. I am reviewing it, and it seems I keep missing something each time and after reviewing I am like "Oh Yeah". Is there any method you use when reading the passage?

I do a very short passage map, while I'm reading the passage. This allows me to know where certain ideas where in which paragraph and then refer back quicker should the need arise.

You should do this as your reading and shouldn't take up much of your time.

On 7/7/2017 at 10:39 AM, MD4DM44 said:

I do a very short passage map, while I'm reading the passage. This allows me to know where certain ideas where in which paragraph and then refer back quicker should the need arise.

You should do this as your reading and shouldn't take up much of your time.

What's a passage map? And, how do we make one?

So on your scrap paper you would write down the passage number at the top:

Then break the passage down into each paragraph on your scrap paper and write a one to three word description of what that paragraph was talking about (very general)

Do that for every paragraph, so if a topic comes up in one of the questions you can refer back to it.

Archived