Premed 101 Forums

June 30th deadline for completing courses

Guest MDin2006

Guest MDin2006

I've dropped a course this semester and will thus have completed 14.5 courses by the end of april. I'll be taking a summer school course (half credit) that will end by May 21st. However, the final grade for that course will not be official until August. Do the grades for all 3 years worth of courses have to be available by June 30, or does one simply have to complete the courses by that date?

-John

Guest jmh2005

MD in 2006...

Please check out the McMaster Medicine website, it should state the policy exactly.

www.fhs.mcmaster.ca/mdprog/

I was under the impression that you just had to be done the course by that date, but I could be entirely wrong, which was why I did not respond initially...I would hate to mislead you.

If it isn't clear on the website then I would call admissions directly to make sure...you could also wait it out to see if you get an interview also and follow up then...hope it all works out!

Good luck!

Guest MDin2006

Thanks jmh2005

I checked the website, but all it said was that the "by June 30, 2003 applicants must have completed a minimum of 3 years of university undergraduate degree level work" and didn't mention anything about the grades. I guess I'll call the admission office on Monday.

I hope I haven't cost myself an interview by dropping a half year course.....what a waste.

Archived