Premed 101 Forums

Will you be applying this year, or next?  I'd say that your chances are higher, to some degree, than other applicants who have spent their undergrad in Northern Ontario because you did a year of high school in Northern Ontario.  I recall reading that context score increases after five years of living in Northern Ontario.  Ultimately, I think it's worth it to apply and see what happens, especially if you can highlight why you'd like to study/practice medicine in Northern Ontario and how your experiences here have shaped those desires.  Good luck!

11 minutes ago, naama said:

I'm applying this cycle. So I would be a little over four years.

I've seen the five year thing too but it only seems to show up in random comments so I'm not sure how true it is. Thanks for your input, much appreciated :) 

Yes, I don't recall where I read the five-year Northern Ontario context change either, so I don't know how reliable that information is.  No problem! :) 

9 hours ago, naama said:

I'm applying this cycle. So I would be a little over four years.

I've seen the five year thing too but it only seems to show up in random comments so I'm not sure how true it is. Thanks for your input, much appreciated :) 

I *think* this might have been said at an admissions presentation once upon a time. I'm sure if you send admissions an email they will provide some clarity (although they do tend to be pretty secretive about the context score). 

On another note, I met a NOSM student from Ottawa a few years ago. I don't know details about whether they were born there or did high school there, but they identified themselves as being from Ottawa. I hope that helps!

Archived