Premed 101 Forums

Just wanted some input on my chances of getting into Queens, Toronto, Western and McMaster.

I've had a hard time trying to gauge my GPA as I have gone to two different schools over my last 2 years, and both of them have different ways of calculating GPA, and one of them doesn't include a grade % in their transcripts, only letter grades. 

Here is a table of my last 20 classes with the suspected GPA correlating with the letter grade.

School #1

A

A

B-

A-

A-

A-

B+

A

B

A

B

A

GPA at school #1

= 3.55

School #2

92%

A+

72%

B

79%

B+

92%

A+

91%

A+

93%

A+

76%

B+

81%

A-

84.3% total

=3.66

Average % at school #2 – 84.3%

Total average GPA of the 2 schools using letter grades = 3.6 using whatsmygpa

One question I have is using school #2 for calculating my GPA, I have an 84% which correlates to 3.66 using whatsmygpa, but when looking at ORPAS table, grade percentage of 84+ is >3.7gpa.

Are there any other ways to determine what my GPA is over my last 20 courses?

If I did add everything correctly, and my GPA is 3.6, are there any schools that would actually consider me?

Thanks,

I just wanted to point out that those schools look at the sGPA of your last 20 half credits (or last 10 full credits) not necessarily your last 20 courses. Basically,

1 semester course= 0.5 credits

2 semester/full year course= 1 credit

With that being said, If you calculated your sGPA based on your last 20 half credits, then 3.6 would be correct. I think Toronto, Western, and Mac require an sGPA of at least ~3.80 to receive an interview or CAP invite. Queens requires a cGPA of over 2.89 and an sGPA of ~3.68 or higher, but they prefer people with lots of relevant experience in the rehab field. 

Hope this helps :) 

Archived