Premed 101 Forums

Chances - 3.45 GPA w/ 129 CARS

Hey all, 

I am a 30 year old working OT who has a sig amount of EC experience - due to this I felt extremely confident with my Casper. However, I know that that ECs won't help me w/ Mac. I've applied for entry this year and was hoping that someone could provide insight into my chances with an extremely low GPA (OMSAS 3.45) and an ok CARS (129). I do have the extra 1% due to my MSc completion, though I am really unsure how much it can help with such a low GPA.

I was prev doing my PhD until my supervisor left for another country and I was unable to finish. I was wondering if anyone thinks I should pursue the PhD route again or go for a second undergrad to boost my GPA. The PhD is definitely the preferred route, and I know I can accomplish it within a compressed timeline of probably 3 years. 

Thoughts? Thanks a bunch in advance. 

20 minutes ago, Bambi said:

I cannot see PhD helping you, whereas 2nd undergrad degree will. Therefore, it is a better investment if med is the goal.

definitely agree w/ bambi. Tough choice though seeing as a Masters/PhD student going back to undergrad.. But if you need this, then definitely do another undergrad

Archived