Premed 101 Forums

Interview Weekends Updates

Guest WesternGirl

Guest WesternGirl

A quick update on interview weekend.

Because of SARS and the access restrictions on the Hamilton hospitals (I believe they may be in place all over Ont but I'm not too sure), the hospital is closed to all people who are not faculty, staff, students, patients, or those visiting patients. This was just announced today.

So..for interviews, they are still going on, but have been moved to another building on campus (i.e., not the hospital). PLEASE DON'T PANIC!!!!! There will be several people directing you to the new building, so just follow the instructions that you already have. My only suggestion is not to be late...but you guys wouldn't do that anyways!

The days should be going as planned, expect there will be no tours of the hospital as they are closed to the public.

For those of you interviewing, I hope to meet some of you as I will be one of the ones "greeting" and chatting with you guys before your personal interviews in the afternoon.

Good luck with your interviews! And remember to get a good night's sleep the day before!

Guest jmh2005

Everything will be in the Applied Health Sciences Building, almost next to the hospital....I along with several of my colleagues, will be at the doors to the hospital at 6 am (for the early crew...) to direct everyone where they need to go. DO NOT WORRY, YOU WILL BE TOLD WHERE TO GO, just a small change in venue which is about 100 yards away. This change in venue is strictly a precautionary thing, as of early this am there were NO SARS cases in Hamilton...NO WORRIES!!!!

Good luck to all!! Hope to see some of you tommorow!!

Guest Lynlloyd

Thanks so much for posting! I was wondering if Mac was also following the recommendations for the GTA. Glad to hear no SARS. Let's hope all the precautionary measures pay off.

To all current med students.....be safe!

Lynlloyd.

Archived