Premed 101 Forums

Practice with Lynlloyd !

Guest MACFORME

Guest MACFORME

Hy Lynlloyd and everyone else!

Lynlloyd told us that she would be happy to help us prepare and give us some insight of what to expect this coming weekend.

How does Wednesday evening sound ? We can meet at Gerstein. How about 6:30pm? What do you guys think!?

Lets start planning! VwDubber, you too are welcome to come and give us some inisight :)

Thanks guys.. You're so amazing for doing this.

Mac-For-Me

Guest Lynlloyd

Hi all and Macforme,

Yes, I'm happy to help.

Unfortunately, I'm unable to come down on Wednesday (sorry......Hubby had already made plans) or Thursday (I'm teaching!)

However,......I CAN come down on Tuesday.

Let me know if anyone can make it out.

Lynlloyd.

Hey guys,

It was nice to meet many of you last week. I too found the practice session to be very helpful and would definitely be up for another one this week. I'm available both Wednesday and Thursday, but not Tuesday... boo.

Lynlloyd and VwDubber, thanks for volunteering your time.

Guest MACFORME

Hy Lynlloyd and SoHo

I dont think we have enough time to arrange for Monday, and Friday would be too last minute. SoHo can you come later on in the evening on Tuesday?

I think we should move on and have it on Tuesday. Guys, can you confirm that you will be coming down for the practice session with Lynlloyd? We dont want her to come down if its only going to be me or 1 other person.

So lets schedule for Tuesday 8pm tentatively and lets see who is interested in having this. So far its me and Lynlloyd and maybe SoHo.

Guest macdreams

Hey guys!

I'd LOVE to come on Tues. (after my night class that is!) I can be there by 8:30.

Thanks so much for volunteering your time Lynlloyd :) Look forward to seeing you guys there!!

macdreams

Guest MACFORME

Hey Nams!

Can you make it for 8pm ? I think that will be a better time.

VwDubber, we can try to do another one on Thursday, depending on the demand :) . We'll keep in touch.

Thanks guys :)

Guest macdreams

Hey all,

Just for the record... I can make Tues. AND/OR Thurs. after 8:30 (as always :b !) I would love to get together again, meet with some of the folks that had interviews this weekend (ie. vw or lynlloyd), and do another sim. tutorial (?!?!)

Thanks in advance :)

macdreams

Guest Mdfunn

I hope the people that have had interviews and are offering to meet with other applicants to assist with their interviews realize the stupidity of this. Not only are you giving an unethical and unfair advantage to some people over others, you are decreasing the chances of yourselves being selected! You must be pretty naive to think that other applicants would do the same for you if the tables were reversed. WAKE UP!!! I hope the applicants that you help get in and you don't. I think it would be a valuable life lesson-maybe you can learn from a failure in your life and write in your MAC essay when you apply again next year. :rollin

Guest Lynlloyd

Hmmmmmm,

I wonder why you think helping others is so bad. There are no secrets. Topics and videos change for every session. A group of us have been getting together for moral support and to run through mock scenarios.

Collaboration and interdependent learning is the Mac philosophy. Working together collaboratively...not competitively. If I get accepted...it is for who I am...not for who I competed against.

Lynlloyd.

Guest Mdfunn

Sorry but welcome to the real world. Medical admission is competitive, thus you are competing for admission against other people. Then once you are in medical school you compete for residency. Once you do residency you compete for fellowship and THEN if you want to be a research based clinician, you COMPETE for grants, papers, etc. Actually, there are only a few professions that are as competitive as medicine. Sorry to burst your bubble but you are competing against other people. If you get accepted it is because your merits are better then the next applicant. Doesn't take an MD to figure that one out. Too bad Mac doesn't have the MCAT... :hat

Guest Lynlloyd

I can only wonder why you want medicine ?!?!

PLease post elsewhere...you do not fit with the wonderful bunch of people in this forum.

Guest VwDubber

Mdfunn:

I'm sure you wouldn't have wrote what you did if you were one of the people still waiting to be interviewed.

Interesting, how people can act like a double edged sword in such respects. Maybe you should never visit this forum again, because I can reassure you that there is a lot of helpful information on this board which you would classify as being unethical or unfair (ie. posts on insights into admissions). I would hate to see you be a hippppppppppppppppocrite of your own words and explore these in secret to your advantage.

My experience from these boards has been only positive, helpful and insightful, contrary to your thoughts.

VDub-

Guest MACFORME

Lynlloyd and company!

You are the BEST. That was a very good and comprehensive response you posted to MDfunn. I hate this competitve and cut-throat ideology that MOST MD applicants have. That is why I have ALWAYS been hesitant in asking others for help because I realize how UPTIGHT some people can be.

When I joined this board though, my thoughts changed. I always knew that McMaster was anti-competition, but truly realized that only after coming to this board discussion.

MDfunn, why dont you take your trash elsewhere. We are all here to support each other and like my friends tell me, by helping each other we help ourselves.

I am sure you are the type of person who comes to a group of 6 ppl in the simulated tutorial, acts like an ass to the rest of the 5 people because you are so worried about screwing them over, they all are nice to each other during the simulated tutorial, they all get in, and you dont. Its happened before, and when I read your posts, you reminded me of that selfish and self-detrimental person.

You are not wanted here. Please stop posting here.

Mac-For-Me

Guest Namgalsip

MDfunn,

It seems to me like you have a lot of growing up to do. From your posts on this thread and others it is clear that you are not prepared for a profession in medicine (or any profession in which you'd have contact with people for that matter).

Perhaps I should inform you now (to avoid some clearly unexpected surprises in the future) that medicine involves teamwork and collaboration.

I would address this further but I feel that I would be wasting my time. I just wanted to add my thanks to all those that have provided invaluable support throughout this exciting time. VW& lynlloid, I'm sure you blew them away. You're both very qualified applicants and Mac would be at loss without you.

Nams

Guest macdreams

Nams, Mac-for-me: :D :D :D :D

Getting back to the original purpose of this thread: I'll be there (with bells on :b ) on Tues. (and or Thurs.) after my night class. I can't wait to gain some insights from the wonderful and generous people I have met on this board. Macform should post its erroneous comments somewhere else as they certainly don't fit here.

macdreams :)

Guest MACFORME

Guys,

Just to let you know that everyone is welcome to these sessions.

Joins us if you have an interview this coming weekend, or if you've even had your interview already and have soem time to spare, or if you just want to learn more about Mac just for fun :) .

So Lynlloyd can you confirm 8pm on Tuesday? Thanks.

MacForMe

Guest macdreams

As of now, those meeting tomorrow @ 8 include:

Lynlloyd

MacForMe

WTBMED3

Nams

me (macdreams) @ 8:30

Yeah! Look forward to seeing you all there :)

m.d.

Archived