Premed 101 Forums

Best MCAT Prep?

gigabytes

Hi, so I'm asking this question because I'm sure the answer would be useful for many more students like me.

I am planning on studying for the MCAT this summer while taking on a job. I am fortunate enough to be able to decide how many hours I'd like to work this summer, and even more fortunate to have parents who say they would pay for any sort of prep course (the only exception they put is a 50,000$ prep course/ski vacation in Colorado, which, yaknow, is understandable :P). I was wondering which prep courses you'd recommend, and whether you would anything more unto it? maybe buy some extra textbooks and tests outside the prep course? 

I'm especially looking for a course that will have a strong CARS section. I know many students often do worse in this section, and also like many students applying, English is not my first language so I expect to have to invest a lot of time studying for this section.

Like many students, I'm in the biological sciences (neuroscience), so I'm pretty sure anything in the biological or physical science section of the MCAT has resided in my brain at one point or another.

I live in Montreal if it makes any difference, but I gather that we have the same prep courses run by the same companies as any other major city in Canada.

Thank you thank you :)

Archived