Premed 101 Forums

50 minutes ago, this_process_is_death said:

I was wondering: if a student failed a class in undergrad and then took it again and passed, does McGill count both marks or just the highest, when calculating their GPA?

I believe they would only count the highest grade in this case but I am not 100% sure. You can always contact med admissions if you want an official answer.

2 hours ago, this_process_is_death said:

I was wondering: if a student failed a class in undergrad and then took it again and passed, does McGill count both marks or just the highest, when calculating their GPA?

https://www.mcgill.ca/medadmissions/files/medadmissions/maaw_workbook_user_guide_en_201809_final.pdf

"EXAMPLE: You took BIO 101 in 2009 and got a D; enter this information in one row and indicate a GRADE STATUS of RT. You took BIO 101 again in 2010 and got a B; enter this information on a separate row and indicate a GRADE STATUS of GR (Graded). This allows us to calculate your GPA in the manner most advantageous to the applicant, counting only the better of the two grades."

TLDR: Make sure you coded in your courses correctly when you submitted your academic history workbook and only the better of the two grades will be counted.

Archived