Premed 101 Forums

primary wait listers...

Guest grandmellon

Guest grandmellon

I have an idear to see if we can figure out the "key".... Muahahaha What we need to do is figure out how big the primary waiting list is... soooooo... I think that I read that the primary peoples are given their rank?? is this right?? if so if you could post ANONyMOUsly your rank (Ie. just post without your ID hehe) we may be able to figure out how big it is...

HEY... How come noone has got an outright rejection letter??? did they not send them out??? :o

Guest MacMedPlease

Primary wait listers are not given their rank. Mac will not disclose how many people are on either wait list or your position. The one thing they did say though is that rejection letters were sent out (wouldn't say how many), so every one who didn't get an initial acceptance is not waitlisted.

Guest PDSP

Grandmellon:

Are you ready for today? Are you at work thinking of being at home or at home thinking about working? I'm the former.

Good luck.

PD

Edit: I posted this before reading of your position on the waiting list. Darn. Hang in there. Sean

Guest mumfirst

MacMedPlease,

Did you call Mac to ask about rejection letters? I also received a primary waitlist letter but there is no mention in that of anyone receiving a rejection.

Guest erinsmom2bmd

Mumfirst,

I have been waiting all morning for you to post! Congratulations on the primary waitlist letter. I know you would have much preferred (and I personally believe you deserved) a big brown envelope but take comfort in the fact that the Mac waitlist moves. It just means more waiting, unfortunately. I am sitting at work with butterflies in my stomach. I am trying to hold off until 2 pm to take lunch at which time I will drive home to check the mail. If anything is to arrive today, it should certainly be there by 2:30 pm. I'm glad your wait is over and here's hoping to a quick moving waitlist!

Talk to you soon!

erinsmom

Guest mumfirst

Thanks erinsmom,

I just sent you an email - I've been waiting for your news too! I'm going to go and spend some time outside with the horses for a little while but I shall be back this afternoon to hear your news!!

Guest MacMedPlease

Mumfirst,

After I received my primary waitlist letter I phoned Mac to try to get more info. That is when they told me that acceptances, primary & secondary waitlists, and rejections were sent.

There seems to be some different info posted on the idea of rejection letter though. But that's what I was told on the phone....and I specifically asked....are rejections sent out?

Good luck.

Guest macdaddyeh

Consistent with the above post (and I'm sure emotions are running high), I called and confirmed with the lady at the office that *THERE WERE NO REJECTION LETTERS THIS YEAR*!

The lady at the admissions office was adamant, but very polite, about this issue. I think people (me included) don't want to hear or believe this, but it is true because it comes from the office.

PS...Mumfirst, I'm glad to see that you at least made the primary list, as I'm certain that the list will move, so best wishes!;)

Guest mumfirst

Thanks Macdaddyeh for your well wishes! Sorry to hear that you didn't receive great news, but you never know. I know you are a true believer in things happening for a reason and I agree. If you don't get in from the secondary list perhaps you are meant to be at home spoiling that new beautiful bundle of joy and letting her start to twist you around her little finger before you start meds next year!!!

With respect to the lists and change of format this year, I called Mac this morning. I was hesitant because I know they are so busy but the woman was very, very pleasant. I was told the same as macdaddyeh in that they have a new chair this year and he decided that everyone had performed so well on their interviews thtat they chose not to outright reject anyone. Everyone was ranked according to their final scores, the top 138 received acceptances and then the rest were placed on the two waitlists according to their scores. She would not tell me how many were on each list (no big surprise) and I even tried to sneak in "were the rest just split in half?" LOL - she wouldn't say. ;) As far as when they will start calling waitlisters she said it would be as soon as they had received all 138 responses. While the deadline for them is June 13th, if all responses are received before then, they will start to call then (but of course, we are not to expect phone calls until June 16th).

Good luck to everyone!!!

Guest macdaddyeh

Hey mumfirst:

Spoken like a true parent. Only fellow parents I guess would truly understand that parenting does really come first (at this point), so for me it really isn't a major blow if I don't get in. In fact one of my interviewers asked, "What are your plans if you don't get in?" I said I would spend the year raising my daughter (and unless they're parentally discriminatory, I doubt that answer hurt my chances). I'm enjoying all this on-line therapy and grieving, because it is a growing experience.

Group hug!:o

While I think no outright rejections is a bit of a sham, bad news can be turned to good news. What's one more year in the huge scheme of things, people? Easy for me to say, cuz I'm in my late 20's, but Mac is so much into learning experiences that just think of all that new stuff we can cram into our submissions for next year;)

Again mumfirst, thanks for thinking of me, and I truly believe you're a shoe-in. I feel like I'm in romper room (I see mumfirst and Mayflower and guesswhozbizzak and IRNbrud [fill your name here]......all with an MD after their names!) We can and will do it!

Visualize:eek that waitlist moving cuz it does....I already have had a number of friends (who don't all post here) tell me they're *DECLINING* Mac! I think PBL scares people....

Archived