Premed 101 Forums

Childcare

Guest WTBMED3

Guest macMDstudent

Although I have a 3 year old and a 2 year old I'm afraid I can't answer the question because my wife is a stay at home mom right now. It is an expensive decision but one that we thought was best for us.

My concern with a daycare would be the hours. Some tutorials run in afternoons or evenings, and Mac is not all that flexible about letting people change groups for schedule reasons. Other parents in my class with young children seem to have family help at home, or are in my situation, that is one stay-at-home parent. Many people in our class have older school-age children that no longer need child care.

I wish I could be of more help. Here's a link to the on-campus child care centre, but I think they only take 18-months to 5 year olds. I don't know anything about it. Maybe if you called them they could give you some leads.

www.mcmaster.ca/mcmcc/

Good luck with it and welcome to Mac!:)

Guest mumfirst

Hey WTMED3,

As a Mac applicant (currently on the primary waitlist) with a 4 year old, I have also been looking into Hamilton's child care situation. There is a website at http://www.cafcc.on.ca where child care options are discussed. I have also found a child care info line with the following contact info - Beth Lee or Eleanor Rosewell/ phone # 905 528-0591/email at info@cafcc.on.ca

Hopefully you will be able to find the info you need from one of these resources. Good luck!

Archived