Premed 101 Forums

McGill Interview Thoughts & Acceptance

Kinda weird and fun ! In fact so weird that I can’t even say if I bombed it or I killed it lol overall, it was a fun experience, some stations, I wasn’t sure what they were evaluating, just tried to be myself and sound genuine ! Many acting stations, I didn’t get to come to a conclusive solution, given the time constraint and their love for talking over and over lol 

It was fun! Some I felt like I did a good job at being myself and progressing the scenario, a few I was mediocre, and two that I feel like I just bombed lol (y’all know what I’m talking about). But overall a good experience, and just waiting for the next few weeks. Guess we should get onto getting our Titres checked eh? 

I felt that the MMi went very well when i first came out of there, but then afterwards, the more i started analyzing my responses, the more i kept thinking "i shoulve said that, could've added that, etc." so im not really sure anymore :huh:

I think its really hard to tell if we did well or not bcz some sceanarios are very difficult to "solve" in 7 minutes lol

That being said, i just cant wait for the acceptances to come out already cz i keep having these recurring dreams/nightmares of me getting in or not getting in xD

1 hour ago, IMislove said:

I thought you meant answers to MMI and was like what?? But then I knew you meant acceptances and what not xD. Yeah soon.

lool totally valid point, i edited my response to read "acceptances" instead of "answers" :P

And wouldnt it be soo stressful if there were actual answers for the MMIs that applicants could access afterwards !? hahaha omgg

Yeah, I agree. I felt pretty good about it too, and I actually enjoyed it quite a bit. Prior to the MMI I was convinced I will never be able to get in character, interact with the actors, "act" but be myself at the same time, but somehow I did. You really go in survival mode and I think all the adrenaline helped me to push through it.

That said, the more I go over my answers, the more I feel like one can interpret them in many ways, and I do not know what they were looking for. Therefore, I have made it my mission to stop thinking about it and try to distract myself.

So far, I have not been able to do so :D:D:D:D:D At this point any news, good or bad, will be better than no news. I guess it is part of the experience so... LET'S DO THIS GUYS! IT IS ALMOST OVER!!

7 minutes ago, Readyforthis2018 said:

I applied to McGill's MDCM program this year and recently did the MMI as well. When do you find out for dent?

I’m hoping by next week but they aimed for 28th I think and 26th for you peeps. But last year they came out earlier.l so hence my hope for next week.

26 minutes ago, IMislove said:

I’m hoping by next week but they aimed for 28th I think and 26th for you peeps. But last year they came out earlier.l so hence my hope for next week.

Thats really interesting because thats not exactly what i heard lol

Talking to applicants from previous years, they told me that the date that McGill tells us (in our case March 28th) is the exact same day the acceptances come out, not a day earlier or later. If I may ask, where did you hear they let them out sooner than the date posted?

4 minutes ago, Driillzz said:

Talking to applicants from previous years, they told me that the date that McGill tells us (in our case March 28th) is the exact same day the acceptances come out, not a day earlier or later. If I may ask, where did you hear they let them out sooner than the date posted?

Shite can’t remember if it was on here or at the interview. But if you had DMD students tell you that at the interview then I’d probably trust that more.

32 minutes ago, Driillzz said:

This is merely the “target date”. So tops by that date, we should be expecting to hear from them, other than that, that is not the exact date, on which we’ll hear back. Just like what happened for the interview invites... On the paper they gave us, 26th and/or 28th are referred to as target dates...

2 minutes ago, FiftyshadesofMD said:

This is merely the “target date”. So tops by that date, we should be expecting to hear from them, other than that, that is not the exact date, on which we’ll hear back. Just like what happened for the interview invites... On the paper they gave us, 26th and/or 28th are referred to as target dates...

Really? Did you interview for both their med and dent programs? Because I just interviewed for their dent. and on the paper it just said something along the lines of responses will be sent out on the 28th. I made sure to verify the wording and from i remember it did not say that was the target date. Do you still have that paper to check? Im still doubting bcz of all the people ive talked to who said they received it on the same day as the date mentioned.

Anyhow, theres not much we can do about it anyway and only time will tell when we will hear back from them!

On 3/13/2018 at 10:02 PM, IMislove said:

Yeah 26th for MDCM! Many people (including myself) think we might be hearing back sometime next week though. The interview offers also came out a couple of days before the target date, hence the rationale for possibly hearing back a few days earlier. Also supposedly the MD/PhD acceptances are supposed to come out March 19th so people think the decisions would have been made by then anyway (I'm not certain though as I don't remember seeing it on the website, but have read it on the forum).

All the best! We're all in the same boat ;) 

8 minutes ago, FiftyshadesofMD said:

Just out of curiosity, do they call those who are accepted, or would they just send an email ? 

Reading last year's thread, the Dean called every accepted applicant, one by one (so some people only got the call late in the afternoon/ evening, talk about stress! )

5 minutes ago, Driillzz said:

Reading last year's thread, the Dean called every accepted applicant, one by one (so some people only got the call late in the afternoon/ evening, talk about stress! )

Lol ! Thanks ! Gotta prepare for the speech I’m gonna give on the phone... thanking my family, friends and above all, all you guys on premed101 :) 

2 hours ago, Driillzz said:

You can also cheat and check your minerva! it updated for everyone around 3PM last year!

Archived