Premed 101 Forums

"MacGettogetha" in T.O.

Guest macdreams

Guest macdreams

Hey all,

Mellon, Nams and I were talking (see "I think I need help") and we wanna have a little get together before the letters go out (to those of you who interviewed) :P No interview prepping this time, just fun times (drinks? ice cream? coffee?). :D Soooooo, who can come? Danny? Lyn? Macforme? Macomere? Blackbird? Toothy? WTBmed? Dubber? You guys in? :P

We were thinking two weeks from now. The week of May 12th (maybe Thurs. the 15th?) and I'm not sure what time.

Hope you can make it! As always, everyone's welcome! ;)

md

Guest MACFORME

Hey all!

I am most definitely in! The date(s) seems fine as well and we will be done with exams (yayyy!). I cant make it that weekend (may 17-18) but week days are fine.

I dont drink so would prefer an alcohol-free event :) Is that cool with everyone else?

See you all then!!

MFM

Guest MACFORME

:P |I :hat :);) :rollin :lol :eek :b :D |I |I |I :rollin :rollin ;) ;) :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

See you all then!

PS - I've always wanted to write one of these messages!!! hehehe

Guest Blackbird15

Hey guys,

I'd love to come, but I'm back in Montreal and the drive to T.O. might be a bit of a hassle, though I'm sure the company would be worth it! :D Have a coffee/beer/whatever for me!

take care,

Blackbird

Guest Dannyboy

I am in too. ALSO, I will be moving back home mid June sooooooo anyone who would like some help with next years appl might want to catch me before then ALTHOUGH responses could always be emailed to me at anytime. Later......

Guest macdreams

Yeah, Danny! I'm so glad you'll be able to come :D

I'd love if you would review my app.! But I don't have your email address :rolleyes so... maybe you could leave it here, or if you don't want to do that I could get it at the get together :b

Later guys!

md

Guest macdreams

So far it's

me

danny

macforme

nams

mellon

on for a MACgettogether on Thursday, May 15th (time and location TBD). :rollin

Anyone have any suggestions? I know a bunch of good places near Ave.Rd. & Bloor (Gabby's, Greg's Ice Cream, Coffee Tea or Me...) What do you guys suggest? :P

Also, still (anxiously) awaiting RSVPs from macomere, PDSP, lyn, VW, WTBmeds, toothy etc. (and anyone else on this board who wants to come!!) :D

Later gators,

md

Guest Namgalsip

Any chance we can do this on the 14th? 15th is my bf and I's 3rd year anniversary...so I think I should spend it with him.

Nams

Guest MACOMERE

It would be wonderful seeing everyone again!

Once a date is confirmed, I will check my calendar. I have clients who come in late on some nights.

Dannyboy: I just saw in an email (I have not been on the site for a while) that you knew of someone who was having problems with the law? I am no expert but if there is anyway I can help - please don't hesitate to ask. I would try to send you a private message with my email address.

MACOMERE.

I hope you all get "happy mails" at the end of this month.

Not long again to wait! :)

Guest Lynlloyd

Hello everyone!!!

Hope you are all well and surviving the wait. I haven't been on the forum for a few days.....my cable was down :\

I'd love to get together. I'm OK for the 14th or 15th. The sooner I know the better (kids).

TTFN, Lynlloyd.

Guest PDSP

Hi Guys,

Long time no chat. I've been out of town for the past few weeks, so life has been a little hectic. I thought I would check the board to see what was new. Glad to hear that everyone is still keeping in touch. I hope that each of you had a good Mac interview. Danny boy, sounds like you had a rough go of things; I'm especially keeping my fingers crossed for you. (Like the gRamatikal use of the semicolon? Check out U of T thread for joke)

Anyway, I'm IN for any night during the week of May 12th. I like the idea of Greg's Ice Cream! Dinner somewhere near campus would also be a great idea.

Toothyhuh, did I read that you got in to U of T dentistry? If so, Congratulations! Let's hope that you have the same luck for med school.

Nams, I owe you an e-mail. Getting to it...

PD :D

Guest macdreams

WOW!

Sounds like a bunch of you great folks are going to be able to make it on Wed. May 14th, so let's decide on that day. Now, what time is best and what do we want to do???

I suggest 7 or 8 p.m. snacks and beverages @ Gabby's on Bloor (at Ave. Road) and a trip to Greg's Ice Cream after... or just ice cream, or coffee? or whatever :b

Looks like the guest list now includes:

me

mellon

nams

mac for me

lyn

danny

pdsp

macomere

AWESOME group!! :D But where's VW? and the tooth-ster? :rolleyes

Later gators! Have a great weekend :)

md

Guest VwDubber

Hi everyone,

Sorry I haven't been online in the last little while. I had to write the MCAT last week and it wasn't fun .... but I am glad that is over with now. This is a chaotic time for me as I'm moving soon. I'm going to be living in Guelph M-Th starting next week ... so won't be able to make it on the 14th (Wednesday) although I would love to go if you decide to have another one on a weekend or something ... later on. Someone bring a camera a long and please take lots of pictures for me.

Later gang,

VDub-

Guest Dannyboy

So sad to read that you can't make it VWDubber. Shame.

Puff: ha ha. Me commenting on other's grammar, spelling, and work usage---never thought that would happen but really what on earth inspired the runaway use of "ain'ts" with that thread? Everyone went street on us for some odd reason. Thanks for the well wishes.

Macomere: thanks so much for the legal offer. I was actually working at keeping a kid out of jail. It was quite a hilarious story. So far it's worked out well. Maybe we can exchange email addresses when the group meets up in case I have to take you up on your offer of advice.

To one and all: thrilled that most of the mock gang can make it. Just a reminder, if anyone else who perhaps was unable to meet us previously would like to join us, the more the merrier. With the exception of Puff Daddy, we are all very harmless and I will for sure keep that hyped up hood a safe distance from y'all.

Have a great weekend!!

Guest Dannyboy

Oh fine, fine, fine, I won't lie about Puff---he is the harmless one, I am the trouble maker. PD is the type of guy your parents hope you eventually bring home. People can interpret that any way they chose.

So, we are officially a completely harmless group.

Guest toothyhuh

Count me in...Count me in....Ice cream....yyummmm.......I love Gregs!

Just finished my last exam....kinda hyper...don't know why...need to stop typing....

Later!

Guest Dannyboy

Hey toothyhuh--last exam? WaaaaaaWoooooooo

The means that you are finished your degree, right? If I remember correctly, this was your last semester?

If that is the case then a HUGE congrats to you!! You are a superstar......

Guest toothyhuh

Thanks Dannyboy. I'm indeed graduating..finally...and infact with more majors than I planned for...pharmacology and human bio (the second one is more of an incidental thing than a planned, but I'll take it).

Enjoy the weather, see you soon.

Guest Dannyboy

A compliment or.....I will just have to keep that a little secret, won't I Puff?

The best compliments are the ones that could be an insult, that's what I say.

Archived