Premed 101 Forums

Dental students please help

I'm not sure about those products. After a quick google search I saw that they use sodium bicarbonate which is not really what dentists use for whitening. 

We generally use carbamide peroxide but they are generally used in office through special methods where there is isolation of the teeth  you want to bleach or whiten

The whitening toothpaste just have more abrasion component in it that lets you scrub away a bit more surface staining so it can appear whiter

Generally, whitening have side effects like gum sensitivity but it varies between individuals. 

Be careful when buying these type of products online as they aren't regulated and generally are a waste of money in my opinion. 
white teeth are a combination of your diet, age, and even race play a factor in it. 
if you want white teeth... stop drinking so much coffee tea and red wine. that's generally what i tell my patients lol....

5 hours ago, cookiemonster99 said:

I'm not sure about those products. After a quick google search I saw that they use sodium bicarbonate which is not really what dentists use for whitening. 

We generally use carbamide peroxide but they are generally used in office through special methods where there is isolation of the teeth  you want to bleach or whiten

The whitening toothpaste just have more abrasion component in it that lets you scrub away a bit more surface staining so it can appear whiter

Generally, whitening have side effects like gum sensitivity but it varies between individuals. 

Be careful when buying these type of products online as they aren't regulated and generally are a waste of money in my opinion. 
white teeth are a combination of your diet, age, and even race play a factor in it. 
if you want white teeth... stop drinking so much coffee tea and red wine. that's generally what i tell my patients lol....

Dont some toothpastes also contain sodium bicarbonate?

• 4 years later...

After researching and trying out his mile teeth whitening for ourselves, we can confidently say that it does work to whiten and brighten your teeth effectively. It is also safe to use as it is enamel-safe and formulated with organic ingredients. Don't forget to brush and floss regularly. Eat foods high in calcium and vitamin D. Also, avoid excessive consumption of stain-causing foods and drinks like coffee and red wine, use a whitening toothpaste, and schedule regular dental cleanings.

Rickey

Church Family Dental

According to reviews and testimonies from customers, the hismile teeth whitening product does indeed work to brighten and whiten teeth. Regarding safety, following the instructions and not leaving the product on for longer than recommended is essential. Additionally, regular brushing and flossing, along with avoiding foods and drinks that can stain teeth, such as coffee and red wine, can help maintain the results obtained from the hismile product. Using whitening toothpaste and mouthwash can also aid in keeping teeth looking their brightest. Ultimately, it is best to consult a dentist for personalized tips and advice on maintaining dental aesthetics.

Caleb

Concord Advance Dentistry