Premed 101 Forums

UofS meds/dents

Guest MDbadly

Guest MDbadly

Hi guys, so quiet in here.

Would it be acceptance suicide to apply both to the meds and dents program since both faculty are so closely integrated? Would that affect your chances for one or the other?

Thanks!

Guest princejr13

MDbadly,

You don't have to worry about what one faculty thinks of you applying to the other ... they don't care. I know of people applying this year to both medicine and dentistry that have passed their medicine interviews (dentistry does not have pass/fail interviews). Surely if the medical school looked down upon applicants that apply simultaneously to dentistry they wouldn't bother passing those applicants. I highly doubt that the two schools even compare the names of the applicants. Medicine and Dentistry may be integrated at the level of the undergraduate curriculum in years 1 and 2, but I doubt their integration extends much beyond that.

Cheers,

P.S: I even know of a person that was accepted to both med and dent in the same year and ended up choosing dentistry.

Guest kosmo14

I too know a couple of people that applied to both and it didn't affect thier chances, one is in med and one is in dent. I am positive it is not looked upon unfavourably.

Archived