Premed 101 Forums

What happens if my referee doesnt submit by the deadline?

My reference submitted my reference letter the day before the deadline last year....I feel your stress! Most of them do not want to be doing reference letters during the holidays (since they have to do multiple reference letters for many different students), and get to it as soon as they are back in office (today for most profs).

9 hours ago, HopefulOT(one day) said:

I have the exact same problem! MY reference tried submitting tonight but now the ORPA system is down. I am a stress mess. Any updates on the system that any one has noticed? 

The deadline has been extended to Jan 7, you can read in the news section of OPRAS. When I called last year they said they would accept letters a bit late, but I don't have that in writing so hard to say. Also waiting on a referee! 

1 hour ago, HopefulNSOT said:

The deadline has been extended to Jan 7, you can read in the news section of OPRAS. When I called last year they said they would accept letters a bit late, but I don't have that in writing so hard to say. Also waiting on a referee! 

Does this apply to the entire application or just the reference letters? I'm also waiting on a referee. 

3 minutes ago, HopefulNSOT said:

The entire application as I understand it.

I just called OUAC and the person I spoke to mentioned that due to server maintenance last night they have extended the entire application to the 7th. She mentioned that because it happened today universities may not update their websites but they have received permission from the schools to have this extension. 

Thanks for your help and hopefully the above helps eases the minds of anyone reading!

Archived