Premed 101 Forums
KeyzerSoze

Troubling question about my rejection...

I was rejected pre-interview, REALLY early, mid February. I was in third year and had a 3.96 GPA and what I thought were decently competitive ECs and reference letters, and I thought my essays were at least not terrible. And yet I was rejected even earlier than some applicants who didn't meet cutoffs. I doubt UofT reviewed more than a tiny portion of all the applications by the time they rejected me. I know about rolling admissions and all that, but I was wondering if somehow I got blacklisted. My application was honest and I don't think anything looked suspicious, but I did have my referees send their references electronically within like 2 minutes of each other (it was really cramped time-wise), idk if something like that got me blacklisted...this is really weird to me.

The most likely explanation is the simplest and most logical one. You were rejected pre interview because other applicants were better and had what uoft was looking for more than you.

It might not make sense to you but you don't know how good other ppls applications were. You might be overrating your own essays and EC's . It's competitive.

23 minutes ago, takasugi said:

The most likely explanation is the simplest and most logical one. You were rejected pre interview because other applicants were better and had what uoft was looking for more than you.

It might not make sense to you but you don't know how good other ppls applications were. You might be overrating your own essays and EC's . It's competitive.

Hopefully Occam's Razor does apply. I'll only be better next year and I hope I get a chance to compete without being on the blacklist lol