Jump to content
Premed 101 Forums

Recommended Posts

20 hours ago, excitedforfuture said:

Hey guys, I got waitlisted this year for U of A OT. Just wanted to start this forum so people can maybe see if the list is going to make any movements. I’m not sure if I’m in the top or bottom of the list. 

If you email asking if you’re in the upper or bottom half they will tell you and the waitlist usually moves by half! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/30/2020 at 8:00 AM, OT0213 said:

Unfortunately I was told I was in the lower half. Hoping it’s the top of the lower half. 

For reference's sake, My GPA was S:3.71 and C:3.6. I dunno what other things they weight on but just in case....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/14/2020 at 11:34 AM, AbsoluteDingus said:

I have not heard of any movement last time I checked, I wonder if it's because they're slow to open up? I'm certain that at least some people must have declined their offer... 

You can always call and ask the office about movement but for those of you who are anxious, the Facebook group for the first years has 95 members not including upper years so that would leave at least 25 spots for people on the waitlist provided all those who were accepted joined the group as was recommended. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/16/2020 at 7:53 PM, OThopefully said:

You can always call and ask the office about movement but for those of you who are anxious, the Facebook group for the first years has 95 members not including upper years so that would leave at least 25 spots for people on the waitlist provided all those who were accepted joined the group as was recommended. 

I suppose you were right; I just received my acceptance for u of A's OT a few hours ago! Thank you all for riding it out with me and I wish you all the best of luck! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been accepted to UBC, but U of A is my first choice! Does anyone know whether there is more waitlist movement near the end of the summer? A few weeks ago they said I was around #25-35...I'm anxious as I'll have to decide soon since I'd need to move to Vancouver if U of A doesn't accept me. I'd be okay with Calgary campus as well!

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, OTAlbertahopeful said:

I've been accepted to UBC, but U of A is my first choice! Does anyone know whether there is more waitlist movement near the end of the summer? A few weeks ago they said I was around #25-35...I'm anxious as I'll have to decide soon since I'd need to move to Vancouver if U of A doesn't accept me. I'd be okay with Calgary campus as well!

Thanks!

Hi! How did you find out that you are 25-35? Did you ask your standing and they gave you a range?

Wish I could help with your question but unfortunately I don't have the answer (or even the slightest clue). 

Congrats on getting accepted into UBC but fingers crossed you get into U of A! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi! I actually emailed asking if they could give me an idea of where I am on the waitlist, and they gave me that range. They said they'd only respond to one waitlist inquiry per month and that the waitlist is only moving slightly. 

Thanks though! I'm nervous to move to a new city during a pandemic, but I guess I should start mentally prepare myself!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, sasky said:

Hi! How did you find out that you are 25-35? Did you ask your standing and they gave you a range?

Wish I could help with your question but unfortunately I don't have the answer (or even the slightest clue). 

Congrats on getting accepted into UBC but fingers crossed you get into U of A! 

Oops, sorry I just figured out how to quote someone! I responded above :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...