Premed 101 Forums

November 4, 2008 - Historic Election Night Reaction Thread!

The Law

I did in 2008 and I still do in 2012. Has he carried out all of his campaign promises? Of course not. The economy is getting better and to be honest, there isn't anyone on the GOP side that I could lend my support to (Mitt Romney is probably going to be the GOP candidate and there are a lot of issues I have with him). The Republicans are the root of all the problems that are currently going on and seem intent on destroying Obama's image. I won't let that get in the way of the numbers and facts, which all point to the notion that the US is in a lot better situation now in comparison to 2008.

What numbers are you speaking of? 1/7 americans on food stamps, 146 million are now in poverty, 22% + underemployment, universities students with worthless degrees and 100k in debt, massive housing foreclosure, 14 trillion + in debt....

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I did in 2008 and I still do in 2012. Has he carried out all of his campaign promises? Of course not. The economy is getting better and to be honest, there isn't anyone on the GOP side that I could lend my support to (Mitt Romney is probably going to be the GOP candidate and there are a lot of issues I have with him). The Republicans are the root of all the problems that are currently going on and seem intent on destroying Obama's image. I won't let that get in the way of the numbers and facts, which all point to the notion that the US is in a lot better situation now in comparison to 2008.

now i do not endorse any candidate from the republican party except ron paul (and rand paul) but how are all the root of the problems from the republican party? Bill Clinton got rid of the glass steagall act!

• 7 months later...

Archived