Premed 101 Forums

November 4, 2008 - Historic Election Night Reaction Thread!

The Law

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow. I cannot believe we are having a conversation about whether or not Obama is black enough. :rolleyes:

Point is a guy who everyone would agree has dark skin is the president. That would never have happened even 50 years ago, even if he was actually half white, grew up in a white family, and went to Ivy League schools.

Point is a guy who everyone would agree has dark skin is the president. That would never have happened even 50 years ago, even if he was actually half white, grew up in a white family, and went to Ivy League schools.

Thank you! If people read his autobiography, they'll see how ethnic is background is (I highly encourage it, it's a great read). For God's sake, his father's side of the family is Muslim, his step-father is Indonesian and he grew up there when he was a kid, he's from a mixed background --- if someone has trouble understanding how big of a deal the US electing someone like him into office is, then I think they're blind.

Law mocking aside, I think the best time to read a politician's biography would be long after they are dead, because only then the truth comes out.

Indeed, but Barack Obama had an interesting life and the prequel will be just as fun to read as the sequel. ;)

Edit: besides, Obama is immortal.

93018d1225933008-funny-strange-random-pics-ron.jpg

This is the man who should be president... I really hope he tries again and that the republicans get some common sense...

The guy is a physician too, which is kinda cool. ;) The world needs more medical professionals involved in politics in my opinion... The current Harper government doesn't have a single physician as an MP... Tons of lawyers, teachers, business people, but no MD's... It is a shame...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
how many of you guys still support obama?

I did in 2008 and I still do in 2012. Has he carried out all of his campaign promises? Of course not. The economy is getting better and to be honest, there isn't anyone on the GOP side that I could lend my support to (Mitt Romney is probably going to be the GOP candidate and there are a lot of issues I have with him). The Republicans are the root of all the problems that are currently going on and seem intent on destroying Obama's image. I won't let that get in the way of the numbers and facts, which all point to the notion that the US is in a lot better situation now in comparison to 2008.

I did in 2008 and I still do in 2012. Has he carried out all of his campaign promises? Of course not. The economy is getting better and to be honest, there isn't anyone on the GOP side that I could lend my support to (Mitt Romney is probably going to be the GOP candidate and there are a lot of issues I have with him). The Republicans are the root of all the problems that are currently going on and seem intent on destroying Obama's image. I won't let that get in the way of the numbers and facts, which all point to the notion that the US is in a lot better situation now in comparison to 2008.

lol at the economy is better. obama just delayed the corrections from happening and now the pain is going to be much worse. just wait for hyperinflation to happen.

Archived