Premed 101 Forums

Ask a question for the person below you.

Cerena

long story short: afk

When you're cold for an extended period of time and you catch a cold- what's the biological basis of that?

There is none. You do not catch a cold by being cold. In all likelihood, you were incubating a virus before you got cold and simply weren't yet symptomatic and ended up assuming causality where none existed. People are inside around others more, where air is dry which lowers the defensive ability of mucous, during the colder seasons. More people together + dry air + seasonal vitamin d deficiency = more colds.

What is your favourite class this semester?

There is none. You do not catch a cold by being cold. In all likelihood, you were incubating a virus before you got cold and simply weren't yet symptomatic and ended up assuming causality where none existed. People are inside around others more, where air is dry which lowers the defensive ability of mucous, during the colder seasons. More people together + dry air + seasonal vitamin d deficiency = more colds.

What is your favourite class this semester?

That's what I've been told as well but I still find it hard to believe that there isn't more to it.

Immunology actually, I'll ask my prof the same question

Quebec crusade: xenophobic or not xenophobic?

That's what I've been told as well but I still find it hard to believe that there isn't more to it.

Immunology actually, I'll ask my prof the same question

Quebec crusade: xenophobic or not xenophobic?

Xenophobic & dastardly, another nail in the coffin of Quebec that will likely cause a brain drain to other parts of Canada that will include me, despite Quebec being the only home I remember.

Is it that power corrupts that causes politicians to make poor decisions to change society as they wish?

Xenophobic & dastardly, another nail in the coffin of Quebec that will likely cause a brain drain to other parts of Canada that will include me, despite Quebec being the only home I remember.

Is it that power corrupts that causes politicians to make poor decisions to change society as they wish?

I think it's that power corrupts, this world is filled with corruption and unfortunately some of us are easily manipulated by it.

If you had to choose to remove one organ from yourself what would it be?

I mainly just judge based on their username :/

How is/was 1st year undergrad different from what you expected?

Quite surprised by how many people just don't care, I could think of so many things I would do with 10 grand that I would spend money on if it was something I didn't care about, but to each their own.

What are you studying right now?

• 4 weeks later...