Premed 101 Forums

Family Medicine: Adding Additional Site Applications?

I have read in several places on premed 101 (and heard from several other students) that multiple family medicine programs allow you to add applications to additional sites (within their program) after interviewing. I am having trouble finding reference to this within the carms program description pages.

I am wondering if anyone knows:

1. Which FM programs you can add additional site applications to late? (Particularly interested in UBC, Dalhousie, NOSM, and Memorial.)

2. How to logistically do this---assuming within carms portal exactly as you applied for other programs?

3. If we decide BEFORE the interview (i.e. now) that we would like to add a site application if we can do that?

Really appreciate the help!

Just noticed in NOSM interview offer there is a line about being able to add programs late! Answered my own question...but will leave this up in case anyone else is in the same boat! 

"Candidates wishing to apply to additional NOSM Family Medicine sites (excluding the Remote First Nations Northern Ontario Stream) will have the opportunity to do so through the CaRMS website until 11:59 p.m. ET on Sunday, January 29, 2017." ---NOSM interview offer letter

I know UBC definitely gave the option of selecting additional programs (I remember reading that the deadline to do this was post-interview). However, I'm looking back on the site now to find the exact wording, and it seems to have been removed from the R1 program description page. If you're considering adding more programs, I would contact someone in administration to ask if it's possible, and what would be the best way of doing this. Keep us posted! 

• 2 years later...