Premed 101 Forums

4X6 Photo For Interview

What type of photo is best to bring in for the file? Right now I was thinking of using a relatively casual shot head and shoulders picture of myself, but I just want to make sure it's not supposed to be more formal!

I wouldn't be too casual, but no need to be super formal either. It's for identification purposes, so think of how you would want to be identified.

How strict is that dimensions requirement? Can we just print out the picture with a printer kind of thing, or order it at one of those photo printing places?

I'm also wondering if they mind if it is printed from a computer..

but I emailed asking if a passport sized photo would be okay instead of a 4x6 and they said if I can't get a 4x6 photo then passport size would be fine. So it sounds like they still prefer 4x6 but they won't be harsh on the size if it is not.

Honestly, since they made sure to specify a size of 4x6, they likely would've mentioned other important criteria as well. 

Ya, I hope they're not too strict with the dimensions. My grad photos came with every size but 4x6. I've got a 4x5 and a 5x7. 

Haha

You're probably fine. I think they included size to give us more of a reference so that it fits in their folders. Also, so that people don't show up with something like this:

work008_zoom.jpg

Archived