Premed 101 Forums

I don't expect a full acceptance yet since I am still working through my prerequisites and my degree but my concern is that my GPA will drop this term and that they will reject me, even if I fulfill all the other requirements. Do you think I should email and ask when I'll hear from them, or if I should ask what exactly the committee will be looking at?

I'm currently finishing my degree too and the anatomy prerequisite (however I did take anatomy in second year and got a B, I'm just upgrading it). It doesn't hurt to send them an email for peace of mind!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't expect a full acceptance yet since I am still working through my prerequisites and my degree but my concern is that my GPA will drop this term and that they will reject me, even if I fulfill all the other requirements. Do you think I should email and ask when I'll hear from them, or if I should ask what exactly the committee will be looking at?

I am not sure...as I have completed all my prerequisites, but I have heard of other schools giving conditional acceptances and specifically stating the minimum grade that one needs to get on their requirements to be accepted into the program...

In my conditional acceptance it just said that if I was completing my degree or prerequisites I needed to maintain a B average for the degree and get a minimum grade of B in the prerequisite course.

Got an email this morning saying I was waitlisted :/

Any idea how/if that wait list moves?

I'm a current Dal OT student and the waitlist moved a fair bit last year after the Ontario acceptance letters came out (May 19-20th range). If you found out this early that you are waitlisted you're in a pretty high position. It moves every year at different rates, but those higher on the list get acceptance offers. 

Best of luck, and congrats to those accepted!

Hello, I got a conditional acceptance yesterday and I checked my online status today, it shows accepted, deposit requested but however I have not gotten any letter from the faculty of graduate study. Is there anything to worry about?

Definitely check your spam folder(s). That's where my email was hiding. 

• 2 weeks later...

Got an email this morning saying I was waitlisted :/

Any idea how/if that wait list moves?

I heard it moves a quite a bit, especially in May. On my dal acceptance letter, I had until April 14th to pay my deposit and accept/decline my offer.

I have officially declined my offer as I have chosen another program. Good luck and hopefully you hear soon!

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/12/2017 at 5:51 PM, OTgirl2017 said:

For anyone who was accepted, when you register with block registration is anyone getting a message saying that there are registration errors due to the amount of courses that are being registered?

I got that too... it says at the top of my timetable "classes which have time conflicts, are still not scheduled or fall within a different date range than the normal term." Four of the five courses have time conflicts on mine  :huh: 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, AspiringOT17 said:

Is anyone moving to Halifax for their masters? I was wondering what everyone is doing for housing. 

I'll be moving there. Have been hunting kijiji for places but if anyone has a better suggestion I am all ears

• 2 weeks later...

Archived