Premed 101 Forums

Casper Question

On 6/28/2017 at 1:57 PM, vikym said:

It's a competitive process and my goal is to get accepted, not to come across as being friendly.  I have no idea why premeds tell other premeds what they do about CASPer but I'm not going to complain. I think it should be encouraged. 

May the best candidate be successful. 

Why don't you encourage it then?

All you are doing by bringing up prepping in every thread about casper is encouraging people to prep for it. This seems counter-productive to your goal of ensuring people are not ready. Honestly I thought at first you were purposely trying to pull some reverse psychology schtick to make people take it more seriously.

Pretty stupid, tbh.

On ‎7‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 6:30 PM, Redpill said:

Why don't you encourage it then?

All you are doing by bringing up prepping in every thread about casper is encouraging people to prep for it. This seems counter-productive to your goal of ensuring people are not ready. Honestly I thought at first you were purposely trying to pull some reverse psychology schtick to make people take it more seriously.

Pretty stupid, tbh.

You are reading way way too much into it.   Why would I want to encourage more people to prepare for the CASPer test? If more people prepare, it decreases my chances of standing out. 

I'm agreeing with those on here who keep posting that people should NOT prepare or do practice tests for CASPer in advance. 

On ‎7‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 5:11 PM, hartk48 said:

completely out of curiosity (no idea how survived stats) what % of the distribution lies below 1.5 SD ?

I know 66% lies with in -1 to 1 SD , so would the bottom 10-15% be cut out?

Most likely 

3 hours ago, vikym said:

You are reading way way too much into it.   Why would I want to encourage more people to prepare for the CASPer test? If more people prepare, it decreases my chances of standing out. 

I'm agreeing with those on here who keep posting that people should NOT prepare or do practice tests for CASPer in advance. 

Other than yourself, I do not believe anyone is saying that. I think people mentioned that it may not be worth the money to pay for a prep company just for CASPer, but that doesn't mean people are saying do not practice. Everyone should, and will, prepare, so hoping that people slack off and bomb it is a waste of your time. 

From the CASPer website (https://takecasper.com/test-dates/#canadianhealth)

The CASPer test is only taken once per application cycle per program type. If you are taking CASPer for Dalhousie University in August and are also planning to apply to Ontario Medicine programs requiring an OMSAS ID, you can add these schools to your distribution list after the test has passed, once you have received your OMSAS ID number. Your distribution list is on your test record, on the reservations page. To add to your distribution list, click the small pencil icon, select schools and submit payment to secure your additions.

I don't see any indication that it can be retaken btw

Archived