Premed 101 Forums

UBC PT Interview Invites 2018

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats! I received mine today too - woo! :)

I don't have any advice since this will be my first experience with UBC's MMI, but I've seen this post linked in the past as a place to start for info and prep resources (I haven't read through it myself yet but it seems to be pretty comprehensive): 

3 hours ago, c.m. said:

Hey! Congrats everyone! I would love to meet up and practice sometime too. Currently living in Vancouver!

@purpleturtle@PThopeful23@delta2017 if it's cool with you guys, we should find a place and a time to meet up in the next month and practice a bit!

Hey, that's a great idea! I live in Vancouver too. If UBC is a convenient location for everyone, I can book a study room for us to practice. I don't mind going to another more central location either. Let me know!

11 hours ago, PTJunkie said:

Congratulations guys!

What was your GPA or your percentage average? Is this the first or second time you guys applied?

This is my second time applying, last year I didn’t get an interview. My combined GPA for pre-requisites and last thirty credits was ~87%. 

I hope this is helpful! 

49 minutes ago, purpleturtle said:

Hey, that's a great idea! I live in Vancouver too. If UBC is a convenient location for everyone, I can book a study room for us to practice. I don't mind going to another more central location either. Let me know!

Great idea, I am from the Surrey area but have no problem travelling to Vancouver to practice! :) 

17 hours ago, purpleturtle said:

Hi! Thanks for starting this thread!

I'm a long-time lurker, first time posting. Got my interview invite today too!

I noticed that in past years many people had get-togethers to practice. Let me know if anyone wants to meet up to practice!

Great idea! Sadly I'm over on the island so I'm probably a bit too far away for a meet-up.

14 hours ago, PTJunkie said:

Congratulations guys!

What was your GPA or your percentage average? Is this the first or second time you guys applied?

Thank you! This was my first time applying, and my GPA for pre-reqs/last 30 credits was ~3.92/3.96 on a 4.33 scale. My school only has letter grades, so depending on how UBC converted it my average percentage could be anywhere from ~84-87%. Hope that helps!

3 hours ago, PT2B said:

Congratulations on the invites! Unfortunately I did not receive one. Do you mind sharing with me what your prereq+ last 10 averages were? I had an 88% and 84%. Thanks

Sorry to hear you were not invited for an interview, you seem to have a competitive average. However, they are starting to look more into work/extra-curricular/volunteer/research experience a lot more it seems like. Something to consider if you plan on applying again in the future!

My UL  - 90.7% and Pre-req - 89.4%. I hope that helps! Best of luck!

20 hours ago, physiohopeful said:

Hi Everyone, 

I just received my MMI invite for UBC's MPT program! 

I was wondering if anyone had any advice for UBC's MMI? (best ways to prepare, areas to focus on in preparation, etc.) 

Thanks in advance! 

Although this thread was meant for med school MMIs, much of it likely applies to you. See:

2 hours ago, PT2B said:

Congratulations on the invites! Unfortunately I did not receive one. Do you mind sharing with me what your prereq+ last 10 averages were? I had an 88% and 84%. Thanks

Hello PT2B, 

Are you an in province applicant or OOP? I am in province and last year I found myself in the same boat, I thought I was set for an interview but didn't get one, I am sorry that you're going through it now, I know that it doesn't feel too great :( Sometimes it just seems like luck whether you get an interview or not. But don't give up. I spent the year getting more volunteer experience, and trying my best to boost my GPA. A gap year isn't the worst thing. I thought it was at first, but turned out to be the best thing for me. 

Hope this helps a little bit. 

8 minutes ago, physiowannabe said:

Congrats to all of you interviewees. Good luck with them :) I didn't get one (again!) Despite similar gpa and lots of relevant work and volunteer experience.  Anyone know how the gpa is "weighted" as I am trying to decide next steps.

I'm with you there, buddy! It was my first time applying though. What was your GPA, if you don't mind me asking? I would think they'd weigh Anatomy & Physiology more than any other, but I'm not infallible. Just my guess.

7 hours ago, purpleturtle said:

That sounds perfect! Unfortunately I'm only free on weekends, but what days work for you guys? Maybe we should exchange emails?

Archived