Premed 101 Forums

Waitlist Movement Discussions

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, PTperson said:

Im #5 on the queens  waitlist! Really hoping they dont send out 125 offers for the 74 spots!!! keeping my fingers crossed here! 

If they went 28 spots down the waitlist last year you should be fine! :D Fingers crossed for you

3 hours ago, churros31 said:

There was a video on the Queens PT admissions website a year or two ago about their admissions selection process. It was very detailed and unfortunately I can't find it anymore, but I definitely remember them saying they send out 125 offers for 74 spots!

Oh that’s not too bad then, considering people all over Canada apply to several schools. I remember the video but don’t remember that part lol.

2 hours ago, PTperson said:

Im #5 on the queens  waitlist! Really hoping they dont send out 125 offers for the 74 spots!!! keeping my fingers crossed here! 

Even if they do, like churros said, I think you’re pretty much in at #5. If you look back on this forum it seems they went approx 28-30 spots down the list last year and 23ish the previous. All depends on the applicant pool. 

Do they contact you by phone when they go down the waitlist? If they don't get a hold of you I assume they'll leave a voicemail?

I'm going to be in Cuba from June 4th-9th and don't want to miss the call if I was to get one. I'm not sure if Canadian phones have reception in Cuba? I've never been before.

I got an email that I'm on the waitlist for OT at UofT, but they didn't tell me what my position was and specifically stated that they won't respond to questions about waitlist position...Anyone know from previous years what the waitlist was like for UofT OT (i.e. how long the list typically is and how many are typically contacted)?

On 5/18/2018 at 12:03 PM, BecomingAnOT said:

You can contact them and ask whether you are on the upper half or lower half of the list for U of A! That might give you hope? 

That definitely helps! Thanks for the heads up! 

Hi, can anyone from previous experience give some insight regarding around what time they got an offer for OT from the University of Alberta after being placed on the wait list? I called them yesterday and asked when people on the wait list will start to hear back and she said that they are currently at full capacity so once spots open they will start contacting people off of the wait list. 

This feels like a silly question but does anyone know what upper or lower half of a waitlist refers to?! I am on the lower half of the waitlist for U of A, which I thought was bad at first but now I’m not sure!! Does it mean lower in the ranking (ie. 1-50 vs 50-100 for upper)? Any insight would be appreciated!! 

7 hours ago, hopefulOT124 said:

Hi, can anyone from previous experience give some insight regarding around what time they got an offer for OT from the University of Alberta after being placed on the wait list? I called them yesterday and asked when people on the wait list will start to hear back and she said that they are currently at full capacity so once spots open they will start contacting people off of the wait list. 

Hey, I could be wrong about this but I think you can expect some waitlist movements after June 1, which is ORPAS deadline for first round of offers. I'm guessing there are applicants at UofA that have accepted offers but their first choices maybe Ontario OT schools. I'm waitlisteded at McMaster and I am also anxiously waiting for the waitlist to move. All the best.

On 5/18/2018 at 1:23 PM, PtHopeful91 said:

I was told top 10% out of 70 for UofA PT, has anyone heard of past waitlist movement for the UofA?

Hey! Just wondering if you've heard anything back yet? They told me I'm top 20% but I'm also not sure how much the waitlist is moving. Some anecdotal info to try and answer your question: apparently last year they went to 23-24 or so down the waitlist for U of A, but obviously it depends on the cohort. Also someone else on here mentioned that June 1st is the deadline for first round ORPAS offers so I'm thinking it might move a bit after that.

Good luck!

4 minutes ago, wannabePT said:

Hey! Just wondering if you've heard anything back yet? They told me I'm top 20% but I'm also not sure how much the waitlist is moving. Some anecdotal info to try and answer your question: apparently last year they went to 23-24 or so down the waitlist for U of A, but obviously it depends on the cohort. Also someone else on here mentioned that June 1st is the deadline for first round ORPAS offers so I'm thinking it might move a bit after that.

Good luck!

If that anecdotal evidence is right then that's good for both of us! And no unfortunately I haven't heard anything back yet, the wait is killing me!

21 hours ago, wannabePT said:

Good luck!

Just got the acceptance email so hopefully yours is getting closer!

I don't know if anyone has tried this, but for people wondering about waitlist movement have you looked at the threads here from earlier years? 

This is the link for the 2015 cycle. 

This is the thread from 2016, i had to go back a bit to find it. 

And this is last year's thread. 

Might be a lot of reading but maybe some insight as to how the wait list has moved in the last 3 years. 

Good luck everyone! This dream is hard but I hear it's worth it!

Archived