Premed 101 Forums

What to use to study for the DAT

I’m writing the DAT in November for a third time after getting mediocre scores the first two times (19 and 20AA). So far i’m using DATCrusher, DATDestroyer, and Chad’s videos and they are all great. But since I have alot of time this summer to prepare i'm debating whether I should get CracktheDAT or not or if there is another resource anyone would recommend. I don’t want to get DATBootcamp because that’s what I used the first two times I wrote the DAT and it didn’t help me enough to get above a 20AA. Plus it’s too expensive now (almost $500) so it’s not worth the investment in my opinion after using it twice already. Any suggestions or advice on how I should prepare?

If academic average is what you are trying to improve, DATdestroyer is probably the most useful. Don't just use it as a practice test though, use it to identify areas of weakness and then research those areas. Repetition is key with bio/chem since there's so much material, so aim for going through the entire book multiple times. I could never really improve my RC score so I don't really have advice for that section

Archived