Premed 101 Forums

ABS 8 Activities?

For one of the ABS entries can I talk about multiple sketch entries. E.g. I have played on several soccer teams, and coached soccer which were different entries on my OMSAS sketch. I want to emphasize commitment to a team and what playing at different levels of competitiveness has highlighted - but it is stretching across OMSAS sketch entries... 

4 hours ago, dehindu said:

For one of the ABS entries can I talk about multiple sketch entries. E.g. I have played on several soccer teams, and coached soccer which were different entries on my OMSAS sketch. I want to emphasize commitment to a team and what playing at different levels of competitiveness has highlighted - but it is stretching across OMSAS sketch entries... 

That's a really good question.. I'm also not sure about this, anyone able to provide some insight?

I just got off the phone with admissions and they weren't extremely helpful. The only real take-away I got is that this section is for us to add information that we feel is appropriate. I think as long as the verifier is appropriate for everything you mention it should be fine. They also wouldn't say what portion of this application is factored into their interview/acceptance decisions. 

Did they emphasize at all how the scoring system will work? It says max 8 entries but anywhere from 4-8 entries and then mentions that using the same activity for more than one entry may result in decreased scoring. However, will simply having 4 entries only also result in a lower score? 

Just now, T-cell said:

Did they emphasize at all how the scoring system will work? It says max 8 entries but anywhere from 4-8 entries and then mentions that using the same activity for more than one entry may result in decreased scoring. However, will simply having 4 entries only also result in a lower score? 

No I think she really just kept saying to follow the instructions as they are stated. Just include whatever we think will help the admissions team understand a holistic outlook for us. 

Archived