Premed 101 Forums

Accepted/Rejected/Waitlisted??? (for current applicants)

Guest Ian Wong

Guest Ian Wong

Hi all,

Here's a quick questionnaire regarding the admissions process at U of T. We ran this questionnaire last year, and I'd like to keep it going on an annual basis so we can generate some profiles of applicants who have been accepted, rejected, or placed on a waitlist for each school. If you are applying this year, please take a few minutes to fill out the below questions. :)

Please keep all replies focussed as answers to the below; I will delete any non-answers in this thread. If you have any questions, please start a new thread so that this one stays on topic. Please check out the big thread in the General Premed Forum as well to let us know which schools accepted you, and which ones waitlisted you or rejected you: pub125.ezboard.com/fpremed101frm0.showMessage?topicID=648.topic

If you can copy and paste the below form, and fill it out, that'd be awesome. If you want to contribute your GPA and MCAT stats in addition, that's great too. :)

------

I'm a (Province) resident in (undergraduate or graduate) studies. My GPA was (XYZ) and my MCAT scores were:

Physical Sciences: (x)

Verbal: (y)

Biological Sciences: (z)

Written Sample: (z)

I was (accepted/rejected/waitlisted) by U of T. This is my (first/second/third/more than third) time applying to this school.

Of all the schools I applied to, I'd like to attend (XYZ Med School) as my first choice.

------

Ian

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm an Ontario resident, B.Sc. 2001.

I was accepted by U of T. This is my second time applying to this school.

Of all the schools I applied to, I'd like to attend UT as my first choice.

Good luck to everyone waiting to hear!

Guest UofTMedsBound

Hi all,

I received my UofT acceptance this morning at around 10:30.

I am a 3rd-year undergrad living in Toronto. I will accept the offer and attend UofT, the only school at which I was interviewed.

Just so I don't have to post this later -- the envelope was white, regular-sized, and bulky.

Guest Beaver

Hello

I am a Toronto/Ancaster resident

I have been accepted to UofT

Out of all the school I will choose Mac or UofT

Background:

Bsc Honours complete (Pharmacology UofT)

GPA: 3.92

MCAT: 12VR 12BS 12PS Q

Phd (Toronto) complete

This is my first time applying

Guest makhamboy

i am from markham and did receive an acceptance from u of t. all letters are regular mail, so dont worry about what news is coming. the envelope is NOT brown, it is a regular white envelope like the ones the interview letters came in.

Im sure you will be fine. I am declining U of T for U of O or UWO (????) so there is another spot open.

Best of luck, but im sure you will be fine (markham does give rise to world leaders you know ;) )

Cheers,

Mark H. Am

Guest BrainDrain

I am from Toronto, BSc. 2001

I was accepted by UofT but will decline their offer in favor of a US school.

GPA 4.0

MCAT 36P

BrainDrain

I'm a BC/Ontario resident in 2nd year MSc studies.

I was accepted by U of T. This is my first time applying to this school.

Of all the schools I applied to, I'd like to attend UofT as my first choice.

Still waiting for Good/Bad watilist letter from UO.

My interview SUCKED big time. I have no idea how i pulled it through.

PS. turned down by MD/PhD though....

I'm an Ontario resident in undergraduate studies.

I was acceptedby U of T. This is my second time applying to this school.

Of all the schools I applied to, I'd like to attend (U of T) as my first choice.

Guest Champ

Well, even with celebrations for the Queen's Jubilee and 2 holidays on 3-4 June, mail has arrived.

I completed my doctorate at the University of Oxford in 2001.

I will accept.

champ

Guest aneliz

Hi All,

I finally received some mail from UofT yesterday. I was accepted to UofT. I am an Ontario undergraduate student (applied after fourth year). This is my first time applying.

GPA 3.90

MCAT 13-15, 13, 13, S

I was also accepted at Western and it is my first choice. I will be attending UWO in the fall. So, to everybody on theToronto wait list, its moving up a place!

Cheers!

Guest BennyG

Received acceptances from UT and Queen's. I will be choosing UT and, therefore, rejecting Queen's - good luck to the next person on the Queen's waiting list!!

undergrad OMSAS GPA: 3.78

former graduate student

6 publications (4 first-author, 2 second-author) published, in press or in preparation at the time of application.

MCAT: 36S

Guest cheech10

Accepted at Toronto.

I'm in undergrad, 3rd year, will attend UofT, my 1st choice. Best of luck to everyone still waiting to hear!

Guest JSS02

I'm an Ontario resident in undergraduate studies, and have completed my 3rd year at U of T.

I was waitlisted at U of T. This is my first time applying to this school.

MCAT: 11/14/13 R

GPA: 3.99

Guest melissa

I'm a Quebec/Ontari resident finishing a Biochem degree at Queen's.

I also got accepted at McGill and UWO. I was rejected with an interview at Queen's and without an interview at McMaster. Queen's would have been my number one choice, but I will accept U of T.

I think McGill used to be the best Canadian school, but the treatment and funding of English institutions by the local government truly scares me. If it was not for them, McGill would have been U of T/ Harvard of Canada. I remember when my parents immigrated to Montreal, I had to move to Ontario so that I could go to an English-based school (immigrants' children have to go to French schools?!). U of T seems to have it all: history, academics, as well as future - worth every penny.

I am an Ontario resident in who just finished an undergraduate degree in psych & math.

I was accepted by U of T. This is my first time applying to this school.

I had a 3.86 GPA and 8/10/Q/9 on the MCAT.

Guest U of T

I am an Alberta resident who finished graduate school.

I was accepted by U of T, this was my second time applying. U of T is my first choice.

I had a 3.89 (undergrad) 4.0 (grad) GPA and a 9/10/11/R on the MCAT

Guest BlueRajah

I am an Toronto resident who finished 3rd year undergrad.

I was waitlisted by U of T, this was my first time applying. U of T is my first choice.

I had a 3.81 OMSAS GPA and a 7/10/10/S on the MCAT

Guest Meredith

I am an Alberta resident. I did my undergraduate degree at Queen's in Biology. I am presently in the second year of a Master's degree at the U of C.

I am on the waiting list at U of T. This is my second time applying to this school.

U of T is my first choice.

Good Luck Everyone!!

Guest Asystole

I am an Ontario resident. I took Health Sciences (3yrs)for undergrad at Western.

I was accepted today (June 24) after initially being wait-listed.

My OMSAS GPA was 3.88 and I got 10/12/14/N on the MCAT.

Guest The Fox Rox

I am an Alberta resident, who finished 3 years of CMMB (honors) and Psychology joint degree program. Please see my previous posts, for more info on myself. (GPA 3.84, 11/11/13/S)

I was also given admission into U of T off the waiting list.

Good luck to all still waiting.

Guest GD721

I just got in off the waitlist to UT. I just finished fourth year and my GPA's for each of the year's were: 3.9, 3.53, 3.81 and 3.88. My MCAT scores were 13p. 13b, 9v, Wq. Good luck to everyone waiting.

• 11 months later...
Guest thelaze

I'm an Ontario resident with an HBSc from U of T. I took a year off after graduation in 2002 to work, mostly in research. I got in to U of T, this is my first time applying.

GPA: 3.77

MCAT V12 P10 B12 P

A decent interview, but I think I wrote a really strong essay. Fairly balanced ec's, lots of different stuff

I've been waitlisted at Queen's, and I will likely pull of the waitlist for Toronto.

Guest GordUW

Just received my UT offer. This is my first time applying to UT. I thought i had a very good interview. GPA(OMSAS) 3.84.

MCATS VR 9 PS 14 BS 11 WS Q

Waitlist at Western and Ottawa (good waitlist)

I will probably take the UT offer.

Guest medwant2b

I'm an Ontario resident. I studied engineering. I got the *happy* :rollin letter.

This was my third time on the merry-go-round. :rolleyes

MCAT 32-O

GPA 3.71 (UT) (BASc - mech eng @ UT), 3.83 (MASc - mech/biomed eng @ UT)

NSERC PGS A, couple of pubs, lots of extracurriculars, engineering jobs abroad (2X), some volunteering, smok'in :smokin essay, good interview

I will be attending U of T and look forward to August! :D

med2b

Guest StarGirl123

I'm an Ontario resident and have just finished my Master's degree. GPA from my BSc was 3.63 (unadjusted) and my MCAT score is 28Q.

I was accepted by U of T :rollin :eek This is my second time applying to this school.

Of all the schools I applied to, I'd like to attend U of T :D

Archived