Premed 101 Forums

OOP worried about weather

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/24/2019 at 9:55 AM, Comprehensible said:

I interviewed at Manitoba last year. I was wearing a 3/4 length blazer, and we had to briefly walk outdoors. It wasn't warm. Make sure you have full length sleeves! 

I would agree, wear pants and a blazer. I wouldn't recommend a skirt cause your legs would get cold. If you are looking for hotels, book the CanadInns inside the Health Sciences Centre. That's directly attached to the med school, so you shouldn't need to go outside. 

14 minutes ago, drang said:

I would agree, wear pants and a blazer. I wouldn't recommend a skirt cause your legs would get cold. If you are looking for hotels, book the CanadInns inside the Health Sciences Centre. That's directly attached to the med school, so you shouldn't need to go outside. 

True, although the staff at the hotel seemed super confused when I explained where I wanted to go, so make sure to scout that out the night before.

Also, if you're here for the first weekend (Feb 23-24) you might want to consider checking out Festival du Voyageur for a night if you can: https://www.heho.ca/en/

It's a really fun outdoor/music/cultural festival in the St Boniface area. There are lots of live bands playing and it's generally heaps of fun. It's sort of inside, but you'll definitely want to make sure you dress warm.

Archived