Premed 101 Forums

Toronto MD program graduation date?

Guest Kirsteen

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there,

For those of you in fourth year at UofT this year, on what date does graduation actually occur? One of my pals is in the fourth year class, and although she mentioned that classes just finished last week (?), she didn't mention when she'd officially become Dr. X. :)

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest Steve U of T

Since the med school graduation is run by the office of convocation, and not the faculty itself, the date is listed on the convocation schedule that all graduates are sent. It says that medicine, dentistry, nursing, pharmacy, and phys. ed. all graduate on June 9 starting at 2:30. You can probably call her doctor by 5 o'clock.

Guest Oren Ishii

Wow, MAC wins again on that.

I have two friends who are graduating from UT MEDS in June and another who is in 3rd year. I have two other friends who went to MAC - and started the same time as the dude in 3rd year - and I've been calling them doctor since Friday! LOL!

:rollin

Doesn't really mean anything though!

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there,

Thanks for the info. (Nice handle there, OI. Might I face consequences if I mention your Chinese or American background in a negative way? ;) )

Cheers,

Kirsteen

i can remember the day i received my doctoral degree. A friend of my parents called to congratulate. After i said hello, he said " Dr. T?" my reply?? " i'm sorry you got the wrong number." After i hang up i realized that i WAS DR. T. (he called my parents cell phone and laughed his head off). :o :lol

Archived