Premed 101 Forums

Admitted but never kissed a girl

Schulich2019

33 minutes ago, LostLamb said:

I forget if it was brought up earlier in this monster thread, but dating patterns of dating up/down of your “class” and what is considered attractive or not varies by cultures and ethnicities. 

As soon as you step out of North American-centric attractiveness standards you see different types of couple matches. Ones that appear “mismatched” by NA standards but well matched by non-NA standards based on different attributes (physical, personality, financial, etc) valued. 

Yep, im Persian and currently visiting family in Iran and I see pretty average looking guys with regular jobs having model-looking wives all the time. It really varies by culture.

Logically, even if we accept that outside of environments like tinder women find only 20% of men attractive, that means 80% of men have to end up with women that don't find them attractive. That seems kind of unbelievable, because it is. 

As a side note I think its really rare for someone to be genuinely unattractive. I see far more attractive people daily than unattractive people. I would say almost everyone is either average or attractive, but that might just be me.

10 hours ago, ysera said:

Yep, im Persian and currently visiting family in Iran and I see pretty average looking guys with regular jobs having model-looking wives all the time. It really varies by culture.

Logically, even if we accept that outside of environments like tinder women find only 20% of men attractive, that means 80% of men have to end up with women that don't find them attractive. That seems kind of unbelievable, because it is. 

As a side note I think its really rare for someone to be genuinely unattractive. I see far more attractive people daily than unattractive people. I would say almost everyone is either average or attractive, but that might just be me.

Women lower their standards to their own level and prioritize other things as time goes on. But someone who's a 8-9 is going for a guy who is at least an 8. That's the main point. 

BTW, what happens in  iran and what happens with iranians in the west are two entirely different things. Same applies to other cultures. 

21 hours ago, medigeek said:

Women lower their standards to their own level and prioritize other things as time goes on. But someone who's a 8-9 is going for a guy who is at least an 8. That's the main point. 

BTW, what happens in  iran and what happens with iranians in the west are two entirely different things. Same applies to other cultures. 

Don't agree. I am half of a mixed raced couple, we both met and married "in the west." What happens happened despite the geographical location.

It has more to do with your taste and your values--that said, I think my standards went up not down with age :)

To each their own, and I wish the OP all the best in their adventure in love and lust, whatever it looks like. :wub: