Premed 101 Forums

To Second Degree or Not to Second Degree....

Hey guys, just really considering whether to do a second degree and would love some opinions....

My cGPA is 3.35 and my aGPA is 3.5. The last 2-3 years of my undergrad (I did 5 years) I had 3.8-4.0 GPA. I'm considering a second degree to become more competitive, since I will never be able to wipe out those horrible first two years of my undergrad. I will only be applying to UBC since my family is based here. If I were to do a second undergrad, would  UBC only take my recent undergrad marks or combined the marks from both? Does it matter if you do an undergrad part-time, online, etc? I'm a stay at home mom at the moment and with kids while they're so young I don't think I'll be able to do a full course load. Just wondering if it's worth it to do a second degree or to just do really well on the MCAT and apply. I have pretty good ECs and am currently volunteering with two organizations. Any thoughts are much appreciated!