Premed 101 Forums

Pls help!! - Is it too late to be submitting MD secondaries now?

It'll depend on which schools you apply to but yeah, it is very late in the cycle. If you have the time and money you can always throw in an application, but you're working with a weak MCAT and you're applying super late - both of which work against you. Check the deadline for submissions at the schools you want to submit to. 

1 hour ago, Darce said:

It'll depend on which schools you apply to but yeah, it is very late in the cycle. If you have the time and money you can always throw in an application, but you're working with a weak MCAT and you're applying super late - both of which work against you. Check the deadline for submissions at the schools you want to submit to. 

Thanks Darce! Any reason you think there's still hope for some schools? Most deadlines aren't until Dec or Jan so I definitely can meet them if I submit by this month.

I'm sry to say but it is definitely too late for you. US med schools work on a rolling basis, so if applying this late would definitely mean no interviews. I completed all my US apps beginning of August (which is considered late-ish for international students) and still haven't got my first interview, and they have already given out 80+% of interview invites! (3.94/513) Deadlines on US schools sites don't work the same way as OMSAS... don't follow them.

7 hours ago, Medase said:

I'm sry to say but it is definitely too late for you. US med schools work on a rolling basis, so if applying this late would definitely mean no interviews. I completed all my US apps beginning of August (which is considered late-ish for international students) and still haven't got my first interview, and they have already given out 80+% of interview invites! (3.94/513) Deadlines on US schools sites don't work the same way as OMSAS... don't follow them.

Yes this is true, and I'm in the same situation as you 

• 4 weeks later...