Premed 101 Forums

Deleted

giraffe1

57 minutes ago, bearded frog said:

Each 3-question prompt is scored as a whole. Personally if you stop in the middle of a sentence it didn't affect the score much if there was already a complete idea. Def lost points for blank answers. IMHO better score with two shorter answers with some sort of idea conveyed than a longer second answer and blank third.

How do you know this? Certain test prep companies mention that leaving blank responses doesn't make a difference, it is sad because I followed that advice and got rejected from every casper school I have applied to this cycle, despite having a good gpa/MCAT/ECs....  very disappointed. 

On 1/26/2020 at 4:32 PM, RaptorsFan123 said:

How do you know this? Certain test prep companies mention that leaving blank responses doesn't make a difference, it is sad because I followed that advice and got rejected from every casper school I have applied to this cycle, despite having a good gpa/MCAT/ECs....  very disappointed. 

I scored casper for a few cycles. Dunno where the companies get their data. Each question counts the same, its not like the first question is worth more than the next two. If you leave the last question blank how can you get better than "66%" (although its scored on a 9 point likert scale, not by percentages). Although some scenarios are set up that they expect different depths of answers.

On 1/26/2020 at 6:59 PM, giraffe1 said:

I didn't leave any questions blank, but I managed to scramble and write some thoughts down for the last question though they are not very coherent. Am I better off this way even if I didn't develop much of an idea in my last answer?

It's better than nothing. Ideally read all three questions and plan your time accordingly. Some questions might expect more in-depth answers than others. My advice is to start the first question but move on to the second question at the 2 minute mark, and the third at the 4 minute mark, then you can return to finish off the first or second questions if you have time.